SDI DM to join PADI IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you so much. The reason I asked was because I'll be getting a SDI CPROX and Rescue Diver training / certification for free in return for previous slave labour rendered and most probably Divemaster after but just in case the PADI IDC works out to be cheaper, I'll go for that instead. Planning to pay out of my own pocket so that I don't have to drag a chain around and can still afford time for animal welfare stuff.
Cheaper may not be better. Look at what agency will get you more job opportunities and better pay. Makes no sense to go with cheap and find out there is no work with that rating.

If you're talking about job opportunities, it'll definitely be PADI since almost all the major ones here are PADI centres. Way I look at it, being an instructor is a means for me to give to the next generation of divers what I've learnt painstakingly on my own and through forums of experts like this instead of just assuming that what comes out from open water manuals will make them divers.

IF I were to go to PADI instead for the IDC, will the SDI Divemaster certification be recognized or will I have to go for the PADI version?

Hi Progen! Hope you've had a good New Year and been doing lots of diving!

Downbelow Marine Wildlife Adventures PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre offers 1-month internship programs to complete the IDC and our next is conducted on May 18th - June 4th!

Our next PADI IDC & IE is 16 May - 4 June 2013 | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

I'm one of the PADI IDC Staff Instructors who assist our resident Platinum PADI Course Director Richard Swann on the IDC that we conduct at our beach house located at Gaya Island in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park.

It's no problem that your Divemaster level is with SDI, we receive many candidates for our IDCs who have certified with another training organisation.
For administration purposes when applying to qualify for PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor rating, PADI will need documentation of your SDI Divemaster qualification.

I also notice on your profile that you have logged over 100 dives, which is the requirement to apply as a candidate for the Instructor Examination! So you're in a really good position with your scuba diving experience!

I myself completed my professional dive training at Downbelow on one of our internship programs for 3 months, which really increased my dive knowledge and experience.
For just the IDC course, 1 month is plenty of time to really immerse yourself in the operations within the dive industry and gain valuable insight to develop your scuba diving career!

Our itinerary for an internship program is inclusive of Kota Kinabalu City Centre en-suite accommodation (with WiFi, air conditioning, mini fridge, satellite TV) and travel logistics between the island and your hotel accommodation.
Our internships also include FREE UNLIMITED scuba diving and we conduct 3 dives a day, everyday of the year!

PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Internship | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, My Ocean and our website to see what we get up to everyday at our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre!

News | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

Instructor Development Blog | Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, Asia

https://www.facebook.com/divedownbelow

Visit us at our Head Office in Kota Kinabalu Times Square and you can discuss with me or any of our experienced Head Office staff about our IDC program. We offer a wide range of PADI Instructor courses to develop your future scuba diving career and our Go PRO team of PADI Instructor Trainers have vast experience and knowledge to share with you!

We look forward to hearing from you, Progen! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom