Sea Hunt marker buoys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know anything about the little marker buoys that Lloyd Bridges (AKA Mike Nelson) used in the Sea Hunt show? Are they still being manufactured and where can they be obtained?

I was thinking the exact same thing.
I don't know if they are still being made but they were cool. I can think of many uses I would have for them if they were around.
They're probably one of those things was really useful by a small minority of divers but got left behind during the big change.

Maybe somebody here that used them can chime in. I think they were some sort of C02 bottle attached to a thick rubber balloon with a bend valve. Maybe they are something that could be recreated?

I have been thinking of trying those toy punch balloons and devising an easy way of putting a little bit of air (not much, they'll expand as they rise) in them and sealing the nozzle.

There is a shop near me that has them on display and still sells them. These are the yellow, thick rubber, corrogated balloons, right. I will find out.

I remember seeing one for sale on ebay about a month or two ago. If I remember right it went for about $25. I'm pretty hesitant to buy old rubber products myself.

Then there are those magnesium flares. Gotta have a dozen or two of those too:D

Condom, whippets and duck tape?

Actually, strangely, I think I might have bought all of those at once before...

Reactions: OTF
There is a shop near me that has them on display and still sells them. These are the yellow, thick rubber, corrogated balloons, right. I will find out.

We'll be waiting for your report.

Condom, whippets and duck tape?

Actually, strangely, I think I might have bought all of those at once before...

I like to keep that kind of stuff in my car, just in case. I mean, you never know when you're going to need some whippets and duct tape. Why just the other day this girl started screaming about the missing door handle and...er... Never mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom