Sea Life Camera experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I've had some more time to think I do know what I consider to be a major drawback to the DC500. It eats batteries like a kid on Halloween night. Usually the battery will last only one dive. Better have a spare battery at about $30 and it's a dedicated battery. You can only get it from Sealife.

It does eat batteries, but I have used it for 2 dives. Also I do not have the info but I got batteries from ebay and they were only around $2.00 and were 1000 ma hour. They were 3.6 volt instead of 3.7 but work great in the DC600. I have six. They are for an Olympus camera, I believe.

Search for LI-40B or LI-42B which is the battery number.

Here's a couple of shots from last week with my DC500
generalpictures076.jpg

Thanks guys for all your help!

Based upon what you've relayed to me, he has decided to plunk down the money to buy one. Initially, he wasn't impressed with what he saw in this discussion, but has decided to go forward with it.

I appreciate it and if possible, keep posting the pictures!

Thanks again!

:D

Not buy the SeaLife Camera, I bough 2 of them (the first one was lost by my instructor) it going to be a cheaper and much better option for your friend to buy a Cannon A620 + Housing for less than $500. That camera is a 10 MPixels, my experience with Sea Life is that they have a good after sale service. My point! You are not buying things for being serviced!, any ways..... my 0.02 Cents

I've been using the DC600 Pro set since June. I haven't worked with the wide angle lens yet, but here are some of the pics I took using it... The Grouper were inside a wreck at 90' in Jupiter with larger current and stuff in the water...

I love it... It's my second camera...

PICT0044a.jpg

PICT00472.jpg

PICT00492.jpg

PICT0052a.jpg

PICT00571.jpg

PICT00762.jpg

PICT00783.jpg

PICT00742.jpg

PICT0071a.jpg

PICT00672.jpg

PICT0135a.jpg

moraysp11.jpg

tubers1a.jpg

We also have this camera ( though I'm about to sell mine ). We've used it for a few Caribbean dive trips, now we're upgrading to Olympus/Ikelite.

The flash wasn't always consistant, but when it came together, we got some nice shots..

Turtle in Grand Cayman.

This was happening to me... until I put a moisture muncher in the flash housing...

I carry 3 batteries... I usually turn the camera and flash off (after the flash charges) and they are ready for the next shot. I usually get between 150 and 200 shots per battery charge and flash battery change out. For me that's 2 dives... I take a lot of pictures :grin
We also have this camera ( though I'm about to sell mine ). We've used it for a few Caribbean dive trips, now we're upgrading to Olympus/Ikelite.

The flash wasn't always consistant, but when it came together, we got some nice shots..

Turtle in Grand Cayman.

I also had a problem with the flash until I sent it back to SeaLife. This is what repairs need to be done. Now it works fine.

If the SeaLife Flash accessory fires sometimes, but frequently misfires, do this:
SeaLife has made some important updates and product improvement

to ensure the external flash accessory (item # SL960 or SL960D) fires all the time.
The SeaLife Service center provides a free warranty upgrade service to update the following:
  1. Install new Sensor locator device underneath the rubber sleeve of the flash head. This thin plastic locator device locks into the groove under the rubber armor and perfectly aligns the Flash Link Optical Cable accessory to the flash head sensor.
  2. Reattach Flash Link Optical cable to DC500 camera adapter so the optical cable is pointing directly at the inner camera's flash. This new method of connecting the cable to the camera adapter ensures the maximum amount of light is delivered to the flash head light sensor.
  3. Inspect and adjust flash head electronic module to ensure light sensors are calibrated and functioning correctly.
  4. Comprehensive inspection of DC500 inner camera, underwater housing, and all accessories to ensure peak performance and operation.

Cheers,
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom