sea-quest apeks vs apeks uk vs zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAN

Registered
Reaction score
in the market for my first reg(with intentions of it lasting me a great while)
I'm wondering if there are any apreciable diffs between these three,i have hear I believe that the Apeks made for sea-quest dont quite match those made in the UK,also that Zeagle is primarily making a clone of the Apeks.
I'm looking at the atx 200,most strongly at the atx 100,and the zeagle VI.
I primarily dive warm water recreational 30-40 /year,with plans to further my certification and exploring waters up around the north east.
also I would appreciate any state side dive shops that might stock the Apeks UK line
thank you all

There's nothing wrong with a SeaQuest Apeks reg. They are still made in the UK but just distributed in the US by SeaQuest. I am told the only difference is that they may tune them different in the US. Some tech heads like to make it sound like you're buying crap if it isn't exactly what they use which is a total joke. I have a SeaQuest Apeks TX-50 as do many others on this board and they are good regs.

I think you'll be tickeled with either of those chooses. And as GP stated, there isn't much difference in the European Apeks and the ones distributed here. And the only difference is a few of the internal parts in the second stage. Either model can be set up either way by a competant dive shop. As far as structurally they are the exact same and I'm not even certain Apeks is still shipping the different parts in the US models, but they were last year. At first, shops here in the US were making the changes after they got them, then Apeks started doing it at their factory, not sure who's doing what today.

I've heard good things about the new Zeagle's as well, but haven't seen anyone with one. So can't help you there.

My pick would be the Apeks ATX200. I just love everything about that reg. Not to big, not to small, breathes dry and easy, and as a bonus it even looks great. To bad the wife says, "HELL NO!!!".

Hello,

Good regs to get.

Mares mr-22 abyss non-titanium, non-ruby.

Apeks tx50/100 (same reg but distro'd by seaquestion in north america)

Ed

If it were me, I'd try to rent all of them and then buy the one that I would be able to get serviced the easiest in the area where I dive. I like Zeagle pretty well. I don't dive with one but have in the past and liked them a lot.

Scott

The seaquest rep told me the only difference is that the US models are tuned to breathe easier than their UK counterparts. He also said that the atx would have never happened without AL input because the Brits don't mind the size of the TX.

Originally posted by scuba_adventurer
The seaquest rep told me the only difference is that the US models are tuned to breathe easier than their UK counterparts. .

This is true, but that "tuning" use to involve a different counterbalance cylinder (shorter) and shuttle valve spring. I don't know if that's still the case, but I suspect it is because this "tuning" wasn't beng done to the European models due to it effecting the cold water performance on the European standards test, so I heard.

After punching through ice with 100's and 200's, I'll trust the american version anywhere in the world. I'm not a great legendary cave diver, I'm new, but I trust my pair of 200's 5000 feet back where the surface is a memory, as well as at 250 feet in Alaska.
If I may quote tony the tiger, "They'rrrrrrrrrrrrrre Great!'"

The bad thing is I work with a shop that sells scubapro and I refuse to dive anything besides my 200's. I use 100's for stages and buddy bottles.

I contacted Apeks and was told every Apeks reg was the same no matter where it was sold or purchased. That seaquest was distributing in the states,but it was under Apeks name not Seaquest. Contact at Apeks is Landon and have many discussions with him about atx line. Warranty is with Apeks not Seaquest.

Hello,

Doesn't the seaquest and apeks have the same parent company?

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom