Sea Rovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
I didn't see you, either. I sitting 3rd row right near the center. I was there all day Saturday, mostly either at the Halcyon booth or the MWDC booth. Sorry we missed each other!

When are you diving again?

No problem Soggy, I was just teasing.

Did you check out the LED scout they had? Those halcyon guys seemed pretty cool, I thought one of them said he was Ed Hayes' Cave I instructor?

My back is SO MUCH better these days, so I'm hoping to be back in the water very soon. Once I nail a few training dives, I'd love to sneak in the water with you guys.

Matt, I was looking out for you too - I wasn't there all that long, but I was glad I went.

BTW, another cool thing was checking out the new DR CCR - even though I would probably never dive one, I'm facinated by rebreathers.

Yeah, I looked at the scout LED and wasn't too impressed with it. The beam, though bright, was very dispersed, and the burn time, while all well and good, isn't much of an issue considering you'd have to have your primary light and at least 4 backup lights within the team fail on you before you were in a "no lights" condition.

Dave Sweetin is Tyler Moon's roommate. Tyler and him taught Ed and Ralph's Cave 1 and 2 class. They are cool guys...Ken is KenC on TDS.

Soggy:
Yeah, I looked at the scout LED and wasn't too impressed with it. The beam, though bright, was very dispersed, and the burn time, while all well and good, isn't much of an issue considering you'd have to have your primary light and at least 4 backup lights within the team fail on you before you were in a "no lights" condition.

Dave Sweetin is Tyler Moon's roommate. Tyler and him taught Ed and Ralph's Cave 1 and 2 class. They are cool guys...Ken is KenC on TDS.

It was bright, but even Dave said right away that it was not as tight as the regular scout. Interesting though, espically if you are in the "my scout hits my canister" club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom