Sea & Sea 16mm WA lens on a EPL3??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's the one designed for the Nikonos V, I have one that I used quite a bit on my Oly SP-350. The SP had a 46mm port, so I need a 46-58? step ring. You'll probably need a 67-58? step down. On the SP I had to zoom slightly to avoid vignetting and the lens liked f5.6 or higher on the aperture. You can buy the step ring for about $8, so give it a try. The worst it can do is not work. You'll almost certainly have to keep the zoom at 28mm or higher and hopefully the port spacing is OK at that zoom. If the lens too far recessed from the port it's going to require more zoom and you'll almost certainly defeat the purpose as the native 14mm will be wider.

Its a bayonet mount. Although I can make up an adapter easy enough.

The 14mm stock lens is really 28mm (35mm equivalent) so should end up at about 14mm with the 16mm S &S wet lens and after zooming out sub 20mm.

I see there is a Sea & Sea 20mm lens as well as 15,16 and 17mm. Perhaps the 20mm is worth a look. Prices on flea bay is pretty good.

---------- Post added November 30th, 2013 at 07:47 PM ----------

[SOLD] Sea & Sea Wide Angle Lens (67mm threaded)

Looks like they have produced what I am looking for before.

Back
Top Bottom