Sea & Sea RDX 500D Ports for Sigma 17-70 ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Posted this in the U/W photo general section, trying here as well.

Asking this on behalf of a friend, I haven't jumped ship !

Is there a port and zoom ring combo available for this lens (Sigma 17-70) to use with the S&S RDX housing for the Canon 500D? Looked on the S&S site, couldn't see anything.

While I'm here, I have suggested he start of with the Canon 60mm macro, then the Sigma 17-70 as an all rounder and possibly looking at the Tokina 10-17 at a later stage. I assume the latter two will require a dome port, is there a "one dome fits all" solution?

Thanks

Hi Andy-
We'd suggest going for the 10-17 straight off as it is a great u/w and land lens. But to answer your questions, the 17-70 would use the 30104 Optical Dome port, RDX Port Base L 30109 and the 56350 zoom gear. The 10-17 will also be compatible and would require the 31114 zoom gear.

Many thanks for the great info !!!!

Would you please consider including the info on the Sigma 17-70 on a system chart for the 500D ?

Hi.

Is there a zoom ring available for the Sigma 17-70 lens to use with the Sea&Sea DX 80housing for the Nikon D80?

Thank U

Hello,
Japan does not list the Sigma 17-70mm lens in th System Charts, requests have been made. However, we have found several users in the U.S. using the 56350 gear with the Sigma 17-70mm lens. The 56350 is compatible with all SEA&SEA DX housings for Nikon. It is also suggested to use the Fisheye Dome Port (56401).

Just to clarify - is it the Fisheye Dome Port (56401) or the 30104 Optical Dome port for the 17-70?

Hi there,
I use the 31114 also for the 17-70! Just some rounds of tape on the lens - and it works.
For the DX-D80 I use the optical dome with SX- and the 40-Extension.
So now i have a 10-17 and no need for extra equipment :D
Old thread on wetpixel: Sigma 17-70 (non HSM) - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums
I can give a link for first Results with the 17-70 if needed.
Greetings
Tom

Remember there are several Versions of the Sigma 17-70!
I use the 17-70 without HSM!
The HSM-Version doesn't work with the 31114.
Tom

This info is outdated. #56350 gear does not fit the current Sigma 17-70 lenses with HSM motors.

Does anyone know what size will fit? It has a 78mm diameter.

Thanks,
jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom