Sea Vision low volume mask w/color correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Before my trip to Cozumel, I bought the Sea Vision mask with magenta color-correcting lenses. The color correction was nice on the shallow reefs, and worked well. The mask, however, really sucked. The directions say not to scrub it with anything before using it, so I didn't. It constantly fogged. It also didn't fit my face very well, because it leaked constantly. Low volume or not, having to constantly clear the mask is a PITA. Many other people seem to like this mask, so maybe it's just that it didn't fit me well. I don't know. The proprietary bottle of defog that they sent with the mask, smells suspiciously like my daughter's, "Mister Bubble" bubblebath. LMAO

Is this the mask you lost over the side because it wasn't attached? If so, not a total loss. Can't wait to try out my new Mares X-Vision in 11 days. I'm like a women with shoes when it comes to masks...can't have enough of them...always searching for the perfect one.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

F/W

Kraken Spit is the best de-fog ever made. (Also sold in stores as Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo @ about $2.80 per 20 oz. bottle)

Use it in my SeaVision and NEVER have fogging problems.

the K

Just my 2 cents on that defog that comes with the seavision masks - The stuff burns eyes like regular bar soap. I am with the Kraken on the J&J Baby Shampoo. It works great and does not burn the eyes.

As for the not cleaning it before use, I did the same and did not use toothpaste on the mask according to the directions and it fogged bad. The next dive I cleaned it with toothpaste then defoged and it worked like a charm!

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I may try using it again, after scrubbing it. (Rhetorical Question: Why do they state not to scrub the mask in the instructions? Jeez...) Baby shampoo works. Spit works. Dawn dishwashing liquid works. :) A friend gave me a bottle of "500 PSI," and that stuff works! The proprietary "Mr. Bubble" does NOT work! LOL

Seavision uses polycarbonate lenses, so they are cautioning you not to scrub them with any abrassive cleaner/antifogger, as they will scratch.

My Seavision 2000 mask won't fog, unless I do about a dozen mask clearing demos. I prefer their clear lenses. I liked their previous antifog, but also don't like the green stuff.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom