SeaFrogs TG-5 Housing Zoom Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clownfishsydney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have the SeaFrogs housing for the TG-5 and apart from one thing, ma very happy with it. Since I purchased it about 4 years ago, I have broken two of the springs that control the zoom function. When I broke the first one, I purchased a few spare springs and fixed it.

However, now I cannot figure out for the life of me how to removed the inside part of the control so I can replace the spring again. I do not want to force it, so am reluctant to try too much force on it. I have searched the internet and have found nothing to help me (there are a couple of requests as part of other posts but no replies). Does anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks.

Okay, emailed SeaFrogs Hong Kong and was given a link to a YouTube video (which never came up when I searched the web). Here it is:
Shows how to change the spring. In case it disappears, steps are remove the inside lever extension, remove the outside piece holding the shutter lever, remove the shutter lever pin (push thru), then pop out the cap on the zoom lever, unscrew, then push the zoom extension piece into the housing and remove the spring. Opposite to put back together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom