Sealife DC500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two of the SeaLife digital strobes. Out here in usually low vis Puget Sound, the dual strobes significantly reduce, if not outright eliminates backscatter (assuming strobes aimed properly). Yes, brightness adjustability is a very key component of the strobe - close up and/or with hard back-drop low power, no back-drop and/or far away medium to high power. Another key item is water quality, and how far are you away from what you are trying to shoot. If vis sucks, but am shooting close-up, frequently I find the clarity of the picture is actually better than what it was live, which I think is pretty cool. Good luck!

vansmack9:
Does anyone who owns this camera know a trick on not having the file numers starting from 0001 each time the all the pics on the memory card are deleted? I've owned 6 other digital cameras, and they have all kept a running total of pics taken. Reason is each time I try to transfer pics taken to my computer I keep getting a duplocate file warning and have to re-name all the files individually before putting them in the desired folder on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Rename the pictures before you transfer them from the camera. In ms-windows, select all the image files in the camera directory, then right-click on the first one & select 'rename'. Rename it a with a base name (e.g., the date) and all the other files will automatically be given the same base name with a sequential additional number.

Sorry so late to the tread but I just had to add that I got the DC500 last April and took it on a 11 day trip to the Keys and took around over 5000 pictures and had no problems with it till after getting on the boat after the very last dive of the trip which was dive 28!!! The shutter motor said " OK I HAVE WORKED MY BUTT OFF FOR YOU AND I THINK I NEED A BREAK!!! The motor for the shuter locked up and would freeze the camera. When I got home I called Sea life up and told them what problem I was having and a few other things and they said no problem send it to us and we will take care of it. Well as time passed I forget to send it off and them last week I called them back and told them that I forget to send it in and they said no problem send it in and we will fix it and by the way we will upgrade it. Well I went to the UPS store and sent it off and I got it back in less than a week and with all the other little things fixed also. While diving with it I took both stills and video and have some AWSOME SHOTS and VIDEO of turtle, and a whole bunch of other things. The Marco is awsome as well,

THIS IS THE CAMERS FOR THE NEWBEE IN UW Cameras.

Also I forgot to add this. The only thing that I would do different is buy the second strobe, and the hard case for it.

Remember when you put a SD card into it you need a higher grade SD card not a cheep one due to the download speed of the SD card. I use the 1gig card by sandisk ultra Also they need to make a battery with a longer life, I too only get 1.5 dives per battery, so I have like 4 batteries for it since I do like 4 or 5 a day when out diving for fun.

What I used to do on my old Olympus was to leave the last picture on the camera- It was smart enough to find the highest number and just keep incrementing.

On my Nikon equipment I transfer everything off of the card and rename it with the date of the photo, i.e. 2007-03-07-0001.nef

Start with the year first, and if you ever need to sort them the multi-years of photos don't overlap.

I can't decide if I want the DC600, or the Nikon P3 now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom