Sealife Sports Diver connectivity issue, please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerpaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
While I like my Sealife Diver camera, I have intermittent connectivity issues that have caused me to miss some good photos and videos. At any time I get a "Couldn't connect, check your network connection and try again" error message.
Usually I have the WiFi and Bluetooth ON. I've recently turned the WiFi off and get the same results. I have left the cellphone and housing on and paired up for an hour or two and no issues. Battery levels are good and I've taken pictures and video while underwater in the past. There are no leaks or other alarms. Randomly the error appears and I can't do anything. IF I'm diving I'm like oh well and just observe and hope someone in my group gets good images. There are times that the error clears itself automatically and the camera starts working. I am wondering if this is a sealife issue or phone issue. I'm currently using a Samsung S8. If anyone has any ideals or suggestions please let me know, I've missed out on a lot of video and photo opportunities because of this issue. Thanks as always.

Attachments

• 20230312_153151.jpg
    20230312_153151.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
Is that the SportDiver app? I don't recognize it... The manual recommends airplane mode (because cellular and WiFi obviously don't work under water). I'm thinking it might be some other app running in the background that expects connectivity, which pops up the error when it can't connect. Airplane mode *might* help with that, if that's the case.

Is that the SportDiver app? I don't recognize it... The manual recommends airplane mode (because cellular and WiFi obviously don't work under water). I'm thinking it might be some other app running in the background that expects connectivity, which pops up the error when it can't connect. Airplane mode *might* help with that, if that's the case.
It's an error message that pops up. The SportsDiver app is running and without warning that screen just pops up. Sometimes it will clear itself and the app reopens.

I will try Airplane mode. Thanks

I will second airplane mode, and also making sure the screen is set to NEVER turn off. Not sure how android works, but iPhone that way has worked for me.

I did a test run today, I turned the camera and housing on and left it on all day and hit record for 20 min at a time at various points. Having the phone in Airplane mode did the trick !!! I am so relieved and happy, I had missed some great shots on my last two dives because of the error and I was beginning to get frustrated. Will do some more testing as I have a big dive in April and I need to make sure I get some good shots! THANKS AGAIN!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom