Question Sportdiver Bluetooth Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbnbart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Help! In the Maldives and my Sportdiver is not communicating with iPhone 13 Pro Max. The buttons are not changing the Sportdiver settings. It is not an issue with the outside buttons as I have tried the inside buttons as well. I’ve turned off and on the iPhone, Bluetooth settings, re-downloaded the SportDiver app, all to no avail. I’ve done over 100 dives in the last year, so I know I put a toll on it, but hoping there’s not something internally wrong within those buttons and the Bluetooth connectivity. I have an email out to the company, but because of the hour difference not sure when I’ll hear back. Anyone with any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Robert

Help! In the Maldives and my Sportdiver is not communicating with iPhone 13 Pro Max. The buttons are not changing the Sportdiver settings. It is not an issue with the outside buttons as I have tried the inside buttons as well. I’ve turned off and on the iPhone, Bluetooth settings, re-downloaded the SportDiver app, all to no avail. I’ve done over 100 dives in the last year, so I know I put a toll on it, but hoping there’s not something internally wrong within those buttons and the Bluetooth connectivity. I have an email out to the company, but because of the hour difference not sure when I’ll hear back. Anyone with any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Robert

Battery in the housing?

Thanks!
Robert
You have wifi where you are? If you do, I would delete the app from the phone and upload the app again. I have a iphone12 promax, and had great success with this method, not a software engineer, but I think the software gets corrupted somehow, and it starts getting quirky. Also just make sure bluetooth is enabled on the phone. This is entirely anecdotal, I found that loading the phone into the housing in direct sunlight makes it unhappy. I know sounds crazy, but just put it together not in direct sunlight.

Sorry just read that you reloaded the app. Give it another shot, it can't hurt. Also, just try not loading the phone into the housing right away, let the blue tooth connect and let it just set there next to the housing for a while. I know sounds crazy right, but after frustrating day of it behaving poorly at the dive site, I have done this at home just letting it sit on the counter, then try operating the buttons inside the housing, by pressing with your finger, if that works now close the housing up and do the thing with the pump. Good luck, hope things improve for you, even if you can't get it to work, don't let it ruin your diving.

Just an update, for anyone, that may experience this. Disappointingly, I never resolved it while there, obviously missing some incredible photo opportunities. I am sending it now back to SeaLife, as the belief is that, at some point, possibly when opening the case, moisture droplets somehow got into the electronics, who knows how. I’ve always been really good about keeping it dry before opening. SeaLife has been great, and are going to assess and we’ll go from there. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom