Seaquest Back Inflation BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Note -- I'm the husband who has a Balance and who switched to a BP/W.)

I like the Balance and have, and will, recommend it.

Pros -- IF you use the trim pockets (and why wouldn't you?), it trims out very nicely.
It is comfortable and generally fits well.
It has enough lift for even steel tanks and a cold water dry suit.
The integrated weight pockets are nicely done.

Cons -- It is about 3 pounds positive which means you'll need more weight.
It can be a bit "sloppy" in fit -- as all BC's can be.
It only has a single tank band -- which if not properly tightened will lead to a loose tank.

Note -- IF you use the AirSource option for the inflater hose (and I do), make sure you have a longer (40" is really nice) hose for your primary so that when you donate your primary (which you MUST do if you use the AirSource/Air2 type inflater) you aren't nose-to-nose!

BTW, I switched to a BP/W as I evolved into "techreational" diving and I found no difference in trim/balance between the Balance and my BP/W. I now use my Balance in the pool and BP/W(s) for all other diving.

With the exception of a BP/wing I think the Balance is one of the best options out there. I have done over 300 dives with a Balance and have no complaints. I have recently (about 2 years now) switched over to a BP/Wing exclusivly but would still dive the Balance if I couldn't dive my wing.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom