Seaquest Mirage w/SPG and Air intergrated comp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SD40T-2

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Sorry if this sounds dumb,

I've got a Seaquest Mirage reg and it currently has an analog SPG console. I recently obtained an Aeris 750GT air intergrated wrist mounted computer. I want to keep the SPG on my first stage as a back-up in case my computer conks out for some unknown reason.

On the Reg first stage is port capped by and allen screw between second stage hose port and the LP BC inflator hose. Does anyone know if this is a HP or LP port.

Can the transmitter be installed by the owner or is it mandatory that a dealer do it? I'm also interested in hearing from anyone that runs both an air intergrated computer and analog SPG. Technology is great but I'd like to play it safe.

Thanks,

SD

The High pressure ports are marked Hp. Stand the first stage with the yoke or dinn pointing up. place the end that has the cone shaped cup with an adjusting cup in the middle pointing to your left. The lower right corner is a HP port. Directly opposite of it is the hp port for that side. The other four are Low Pressure.

I can post pictures if you need it.

Yes you can install no big deal remove the plug and screw in the transmitter.

Hallmac

In addition to the "HP" mark on the port, the port has a teeny tiny hole in it (.005") at the bottom. Compare this to the full size openings in the LP ports. Only the really old regs will be exceptions to this. The HP port is also likely to be 7/16" vs. 3/8 or 1/2" for the others.
Neil

Hmm....

Ok here is what I have. Looking at the regulator head on (remove the yoke pin bolt, and peer through the threaded hole in the intake HP tank port). Starting at about the 4:00 position (running in a counter-clockwise direction) the hoses/ports run in the following order: 4:00, Ocot/LP; 2:00, main reg 2nd stage; 12:00, capped port with no markings on or near it; 10:00, LP/BC inflator hose; 8:00, HP/SPG hose (with HP marked on reg body).

It would appear that with present arangement I would not be able to "tag-team" both my SPG and computer transmitter.

Has anyone ever done this either by putting a "T" or "Y" on their HP port.

I've not tried it out yet but perhaps I could try it out and see if the transmitter behaves it's self.

Any opinions would be appreciated,

SD

neil once bubbled...
In addition to the "HP" mark on the port, the port has a teeny tiny hole in it (.005") at the bottom. Compare this to the full size openings in the LP ports. Only the really old regs will be exceptions to this. The HP port is also likely to be 7/16" vs. 3/8 or 1/2" for the others.
Neil

Is your first stage round. By reading your post I take you have the conshelf first stage if it is balanced diaphram or the aquarius if it is a piston design. Sorry forgot they offered them like that. The plugged port is a low pressure port.

To answer your question Yes a t could be used. Not really recommended though. I have seen alot of older units using them and no problems reported. It will not adversly affect the readings the high pressure will travel equally through both.

If you do choose to use a T adapter get one that is one solid piece and does not have the swivel. Just remember to watch your routing. It causes a greater snag hazard.

Hallmac

Thanks Hallmac and neil,

I suppose I should give my computer transmitter a chance on it's own. I've worked with electronics for a better portion of my life and know they will give you a run for your money if you let them. I guess they are fairly good these days. If it conks out I could always put a "T" or "Y" in at a later time.

Rats! Now I have to go buy a stand-alone compass :wink:

Thanks

SD

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would ask another question....

I installed the transmitter on to my reg and took it for a couple of dives. Worked great except it lost sync with the transmitter a couple of times. This makes me nervous when this happens and I would certainly like to put my spg back on as a back-up. My LDS came up empty when I inquired as to a proper "T" or "Y" to use in order to split the HP port to the computer and SPG. Does anyone know of a appropriate "T" or "Y" that can handle normal operating tank pressures?

My LDS also informed me that no industrial high pressure gas dealers or shops that would have anything along these lines.

Of corse keeping in mind through all of this that my regdoes not have a second HP port.

Thanks for any help,

SD

Here is a link to a tee we sell alot of it will handle a working pressure of 3500 psi.

TEE

Scroll down to the middle of the page I think it is the AA53. Don't get the swivel they fail alot!

Hope that helps!

Hallmac

Thanks for the help.

Does this TEE have 2 female ports or would one need to get a threaded gender changer.

thanks again,

SD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom