SeaQuest Passport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woodfrogs

Reaction score
Good morning,
I'm a newly certified diver looking into getting some equipment. I was looking through the catalogs and noticed the Passport by SeaQuest. It looks to be really great for traveling(which we would be doing). And wondered if anyone had any direct experience with it?

TIA,
Barbara

I was hoping you would get some responses because I am considering the same BC. This one may be a bit new for others to respond. These do pack down to a very small size. They will fit across the narrow length of a standard size roller suitcase (ours anyway). I will be trying it out in a pool soon.

I bought it today and plan on trying in out in St Thomas July 4th weekend. Will post back on how it does. I liked how it fit in the store, minimalistic, more like a backpack than a jacket. I hope it performs well.

Took the passport down to the USVI last week. Did 7 dives with it. Performed admirably every time. The only thing was making sure the weighting was correct.
Too much weight added to the zipper pockets in addition to the integrated weights caused the integrated weights to pop out at the end of the 3rd dive(although they may have been loaded incorrectly(i'm still a newbie at this stuff). Butt dump worked well.
Light weight made it easy to travel with and carry around. Had no other problems or concerns at all.

I have this BC. I bought it specifically for travel to warm water locations. I've used it, maybe, um, 10-15 times. It works great. It's not as nice as my Black Diamond, but it's a lot more suited for its intended purpose. Folds up very small and is very lightweight.

Back
Top Bottom