Current shops in Uvita anyone has experience with going to Cano?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering if anyone had any current experience with any shops in Uvita going to Cano. Heading out there in Jan, probably going to do cano at least once. Only other time I've been out there was really great dives around that place! TIA

In a word, No. Long boat ride—90 minutes each way on a good day. Can you add Drake Bay to your trip? Costa Rica Adventure Divers is an excellent outfit and Caño is their backyard. Drake Bay is funky and the OSA is wild.

ARe you saying 90 min each way to Cano? I don't remember it being that long the first time.

Just wondering if anyone had any current experience with any shops in Uvita going to Cano. Heading out there in Jan, probably going to do cano at least once. Only other time I've been out there was really great dives around that place! TIA
I’m diving on January 6 with Blacktip Divers. Will you be there then?

Stay tuned :wink:

Here's the dive report. Enjoy!

Update. Went with Costa Rica Dive and Surf in Uvita. Seemed like a really great run operation. Nice DM's, staff, location, etc. Good comprehensive briefings from top to bottom. Snacks, waters, lunch after tank 2.

First dive cano island, front right side. Lots of morays, large stingrays (southern?), white tip sharks, turtles, fish. At one point I could of put a turtle, white tip, and stingray in the same frame had I had a camera.

Second dive was offshore a bit at a location that sticks up almost to the top of the water. Something 'diablo' I think. Saw a huge school of Barracuda and alot of large snappers. Was there waiting for whales or manta's but nothing came through. Some current to swim against, burned through gas a tad fast, but it was fun. Rental gear was very solid although my reg did seem to breath a tad tough, but I dealt with it.

Thanks for sharing the dive report! It seems you got to see better sea life in the first dive than I did.

How much was the dive trip with Costa Rica Dive and Surf?

Back
Top Bottom