SeaQuest Pro-QD... Experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldfusionCS

Reaction score
So I think I'm going to settle on a jacket-style BCD, and the one I like is the SeaQuest Pro-QD.

Linkage here.

I want to know the ScubaBoard's experiences (good or bad) with this BCD. Any problems (no matter how small)? Any issues with service/support?

Thanks!
coldfusion

I have had this bcd for a couple months and I am happy with its performance.

The features are great: tank tread, integrated weights, swivels, pockets, etc. Definitely a sturdy, reliable piece of equipment. One very small thing I find is it rides up a little bit on me. If it had a crotch strap it would be perfect, but I guess this might not happen depending on your body shape.

If you've decided to go jacket style, this bcd is a good decision.

coldfusionCS:
So I think I'm going to settle on a jacket-style BCD, and the one I like is the SeaQuest Pro-QD.

Linkage here.

I want to know the ScubaBoard's experiences (good or bad) with this BCD. Any problems (no matter how small)? Any issues with service/support?

Thanks!
coldfusion

I made a couple of hundred dives with one of these and never had an issue with it. Someone I know also had one and the stiching came apart at the top of the backpack when used with a large steel tank. It was easily fixed with a couple of bolts but the message is that it isn't suitable for heavy tanks. With an AL80 you'll probably never have this problem.

The thing I like most about this jacket is that it's easy to get in and out of. The thing I like least about it are the pockets. They're impossible to get into with any kind of thick suit on.

R..

Fit is all important in BCs. The SeaQuest ProQD fits me like a glove and I've been happy with mine.

About 300 dives on a 1998 version, mostly warm water, single AL80 with 3mm to 5mm suits. Dumps air nicely without trapping. Getting into the zippered pockets while wearing gloves is a skill you need to work on. I did add a pin mount D-ring to the right hand pocket in order to have a bungee that I could clip off stuff inside the pocket.

I bought a 2nd ProQD BC about a year ago; a closeout sale on the velcro pocket model. It has more padding, which just adds weight.

The inflator hose supplied by SeaQuest (with both BCs) has very poor gripping surface on the quick disconnect. I replaced the hoses with ones that had bigger, better knurled disconnects that would be easier to disconnect while wearing gloves and having a stuck-on inflator problem.

The wraparound air cell is neither a traditional jacket style, nor a back-inflation cell. It works well for me.

I have made about 30-35 dives with mine - both fresh and saltwater. Comfortable, no issues with BC function, weight integration, etc. Only complaint is that addressed by others - the pockets are not easy to access. Especially difficult for me as I am 6'5" and the BC necessarily rides high to begin with.

Other than that, I am extremely satisfied with it.
Steve

I have a pro qd+ and it is nice. I have to say though I will probably go to the balance next. At first I said no to back inflation, but from what I hear it is a lot more streamline and easier to us. Just check out the balance before you buy.

I have the Pro QD+, it is excellent, I like it a lot, but get a scubapro tank strap, the one they have is not very reliable

I have a Pro QD+ Sure Lock and love it. By far the most comfortable BC I have ever owned. I have had it a bit over 1 year and never had any problems. My tank stap holds the tank very secure.
My only minor complaint is that it is a bit bulky for travel. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

I just got the pro QD+SL and I really like it. The fit and comfort of this BC is awesome. The air cell does not squeeze even when wearing a 7mm wetsuit. The sure lock system is great I have not had even the slightest hint of a pocket slipping. Air does not trap and there are pull dumps in all the right places. The inflator is a dream, really responsive and easy to grip.

The pockets are hard to get into with gloves on but I have never used a jacket style BC that had pockets that were easy to get into. The only draw back of the BC IMHO is that there is only one tank band so make sure you wet your strap before dogging it down.

I have been using a Pro QD+ for the last year and it has been great! I had the same issue with the pockets as everyone else. The surelock is very reliable and easy to ditch if you ever need to. I just moved to the SeaQuest Fusion 2 weeks ago. This is a jacket/back inflate. I dove this weekend for the first time with this unit and found it will take some dives to get use to, as with any new equipment.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom