Secrets Aura June 4-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulVS

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are making our third trip to Cozumel June 4th through 11th. We're staying at Secrets Aura, where my wife will be doing Yoga & Zumba instruction that week. Will likely be using the Dive House operation that's based there since we had a good experience with them last time.

If you're there stop by and say hello!

Paul & Jill

Had four nice dives in Cozumel last week using Dive Palancar, which is now the on-site dive operation at Secrets Aura. They didn't have any afternoon dives scheduled, and had a 3-diver minimum, so my wife and I paid for 3 divers and got the boats to ourselves for all the dives.

Short video clip from El Cedral using a GoPro knock-off from Amazon that worked really well.

(Please note: I was NOT attempting to touch the turtle, just putting my hand down for size perspective.)

Had four nice dives in Cozumel last week using Dive Palancar, which is now the on-site dive operation at Secrets Aura. They didn't have any afternoon dives scheduled, and had a 3-diver minimum, so my wife and I paid for 3 divers and got the boats to ourselves for all the dives.

Short video clip from El Cedral using a GoPro knock-off from Amazon that worked really well.

(Please note: I was NOT attempting to touch the turtle, just putting my hand down for size perspective.)

My wife and I are going in a month and have been confused between the onsite dive operator being Dive House or Dive Palancar. Did they make that swap recently, because Dive House has been responding to emails like they are still the operator at Secrets? Did you happen to store any personal gear while you were there? I am also wondering if the storage lockers are worth it or even safe.

How was Secrets? The reviews sound really bad, curious how your experience was.

Personally I think Secrets is one of the best adults only resorts on Cozumel, we've been there twice. I don't think any of the resorts on the island compete with top flight mainland resorts, I assume it's just the nature of being on an island that it's much harder to maintain top level accommodations. That being said, the rooms were nice, the pools were nice, the food was good, and the nightly entertainment was fun, and there's no kids running around. In my opinion if diving is your priority it's a no-brainer to stay at Secrets.

Having Dive Palancar on site and a pier right there on the resort is a big plus. Dive House also operates out of the resort but they're not as good.

If you get a chance I recommend renting a car and driving around the other side of the island, and then loop through the downtown area on your way back to the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom