Securing "accessories" while out diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been using this all week on island; fits nicely in BC pocket and holds a ziplock bag (extra protection) containing cash and a credit card along with a lot of keys (2 for condo, safe key and a car key). I tie a string around the Otter Box and tie the other end to a D ring on the bottom of my BC for added protection against loss. Then zip up in BC pocket. In my other BC pocket goes an old pair of sunglasses. No issues with theft this past week but there is nothing worth much being left in the truck.

S3 T3000 Watertight Case at LeisurePro

I miss Pilotfish... :wink:

Out of 8 trips to Bonaire, I have had only 1 trip where there was theft involved.....and that happened 2 times that trip.

The 1st was a dive at Torie's Reef, and the missus and I were both missing our shorts......which we later found beside the road. We later learned there were a number of vehicles that had been gone through in the area. The next morning, we did a dive at Weber's Joy (Witches Hut). When we got back to the truck, I noticed a soda can in a potato chip bag, as well as a beer bottle in the truck bed.....no big deal. We got ready to leave, and the truck wouldn't start. I raised the hood, and the battery was gone !!! :shocked2: We did an inventory, and we were missing a bag of potato chips, a cheap leatherman's tool, a non-descript hat, and my flip flops. I found my flip flops laying beside the road about 50' away...apparently size 13s didn't fit.
04.gif
A passing motorist let me use his cell phone to call the rental company mechanic, and we were in the water at our next dive site in under 2 hours.

With both of those dives, we had the only vehicle parked there when we entered the water.

I carry my driver's license, a credit card, cash, and the truck keys with me when I dive.

If you don't have a bubble wather with you, only leave stuff in the truck that you can part with, and either leave your valuable stuff in the motel room, or take it with you during the dive.
How many people like me read these reviews and think, forget it I'll go somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom