Seeking advice: Bunaken and Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first time I went to North Sulawesi we split our time evenly between Bunaken and Lembeh ... and came away wishing we'd spent more time in Lembeh. The second time we split our time evenly between Lembeh and Raja Ampat ... and felt that was just about exactly right ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It does now :)

Yep, I'm afraid only the army could pull the chinese off the mining business, since legal isn't even able to stop it.
There's now visible signs of mining on the western hills. Gotta hurry...

---------- Post added April 19th, 2015 at 07:31 PM ----------

Better stop in Bangka first, october is still good but Bangka strait should be first hit with the wind turnaround, while Lembeh is always protected. Hence no worries but better be sure.
Don't forget your muck stick : it's an essential piece of equipment for Lembeh, for approaching Bangka supermacro critters too.
If you're on photo,bring your most powerful macro wetlens, or even an UW magnifier if you do not shoot images, it will help you very much for watching pygmy seahorse business. :)

Thanks for this!

Hey guys,

I was reccommended Bunaken for snorkelling only, but how is Bangka and Lembeh for this? Due to a medical condition it seems diving is out of the picture unfortunately.

Is there somewhere that you would reccommend for a solo traveler to stay? I'm on a more backpacker-ish budget, but if I can't dive I suppose I have some more money to spend on accommodation. Sort of USD40-50 if food etc is included, or 25-30 if it's not.

Is it worth spending the little extra money & time getting there if I can "only" snorkel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom