Seeking waterproof/underwater fanny pack/bag/belt pack for snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtamborra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all...I'm going to Cozumel soon and need some type of waterproof fanny pack that I can wear while I'm snorkeling to hold my IDs and some other things. I would like something waterproof up to like 15 feet that I don't have to worry about my items getting damaged

I will test in deep end of pool for a couple hours before actually using it in the ocean, however, I'm having a serious issue finding something

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places but this is all I could manage to find so far.

I originally was going to buy this one and really liked the simple design, but it got destroyed in the reviews

There was one I really liked called the Aquapac Belt Case (on Amazon) but forget that, the reviews destroyed it

There was also one I didn't like as much but had way better reviews and I also found it on Amazon (can't post URLS yet), this one was called the Kwiktek dry pack, nylon belt

I'm usually pretty efficient at finding what I need online but my search for a waterproof snorkel fanny pack/bag has been an EPIC FAIL!

Could anyone be so kind as too suggest some products, we just want to be able to put our goods in our waterproof bags and dive in without the drama of worrying abou where to put our things

Please help

Thanks for reading

Thanks 300...I checked out the video which convinced me enough to order one, however, still looking for a bigger one/fanny pack size if anyone knows of a good one, please share

Thanks

I have a waist pack from SeaLine that's worked well but I've had it forever and they don't seem to make it any more. It's coated nylon with a rolltop closure. I think this Seal-Pak is their replacement.

The one I have looks more like a cross between Aqua-Lock Fanny Pack and Micro Dry Stuff Sack. Seattle Sports is another good drybag maker to look at.

Rolltop closures are relatively inexpensive and quite reliably waterproof if you close them carefully. Truly waterproof zippers are expensive and "splashproof" zipper arrangements (or anything described as "splashproof") is only that.

I've used the Splash Caddy before; never had a problem. It's available through several outlets; just Google it.

Thanks for the info...the Aqua-Lock Fanny Pack says not suggested for use underwater and the micro dry one says "splash proof"...as for hte waterproof fanny pack, I can't find a review for it anywhere....Thanks though...Please keep them comming =)

Just do a google search for Waterproof Fanny Pack or Waterproof Waist Pack and you get a thousand hits.

good luck

Just do a google search for Waterproof Fanny Pack or Waterproof Waist Pack and you get a thousand hits.

good luck

Thanks...I've done that though, all the hits that come up are for the same few and the ones that have reviews all say they leaked and the ones that don't have some disclaimer saying "not recommended to be submerged, not pressure tested" :(

fanny packs aren't really meant to be taken underwater your best bet would be a small hard case. Leave your bulky stuff in your car and only take your licenses, some money, and keys with you.

Witz Sport Cases makes a decent case that's about 4" X 2.5" X 1.25" I paid about $7 for mine at my LDS
Emergency Cases Sun Care Kit | Witz Sport Cases

Back
Top Bottom