Semi-Dry suit info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SD40T-2

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok,

I'm confused,:confused:

I'm trying to find info on those manufactures that make semi-dry's and info or reviews on them. I used to know a site that had info on them but I can't find it anymore. If anyone could tell me which companies produce them I would be grateful.

SD

SD,

I've had one experience with a semi-dry suit and I absolutely loved it. It was made by Xcel--an 7/6/5mm tri-density with an integrated hood. It kept me very warm on dives to the sunken Yukon in San Diego (100' down). If I hadn't gotten a great deal on a used dry suit that fit me like a glove, I would have gone with an Xcel. They now make 8/7/6/5mm and 9/7/6mm models as well.

2 of my buddies have Mares 7mm semi-dry suits. Both have nothing but GOOD to say about them. From what I can see they seem to wear fairly well. Neither complains of being cold (40 degree Great Lakes water and ice diving).

Matt

I'm real happy with my BARE 7mm semi. I'm often the only guy not diving dry, and I've been fine to 39F at 90'.

The Xcel Semidry is outstanding. I dive with about 8 people who use them, and they all rave about them.

~W

mares iso-therm 7 mil. dont get the 5 mil its crap, the zipper isnt water tight like on the 7 mil. i dont have one, but i have heard nothing but good things about them

My wife is using Henderson's 7/5 semi dry. She found the best price for it on the web.

california

There is a Canadian company (Vancouver BC) caled Whies. They make very good suits. They do have 7mm full body + 7 mm shortie farmer john combination in semi dry. very warm and comfortable. I'm just about to buy one off my buddy, but have found several good reviews about them

www.whitescoldwater.com

safe diving.

deep_ocean

.... the bare semi-dry. In fact, I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. It fits great and is super warm. I have only dove with it a couple of times, but in those dives I was the only one not diving dry and was also the only one not to get cold. However, I do not get cold easily. I suggest buying from
www.diverswholesale.com
They are very close to the Bare factory and seem to a good place to get a deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom