Sending Dive Gear Ahead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm continually reminded why I love Scubaboard, and this discussion is another reminder. Thank you all for your well-informed, substantive guidance (and extra credit for diversteve for research above and beyond the call!). Yeah, I've done this stateside, and it works like a charm. But it looks like international shipping is, well, lunatic.

Funny thing is, after I got back into diving after a 10-year absence, I rented everything, except my prescription mask, and for about a year or two, I cackled that I could pack for an entire dive vacation with only a single carry-on. But then I started diving more than ever; replenished all my old, decrepit equipment; got deeply into photography; and...now that single carry-on has evolved into two big bags (one for photo gear alone) and a stuffed backpack. So much for the zen of diving.

But it sounds like rental, especially BC and fins, may be the way to go, especially with reputable outfits with decent gear. Thanks again, everyone, for this help. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom