Serious diving in California waters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting this Mike. I was... WAS... planning a tour of the West Coast sometime in the near future.

Not so sure now. :confused:

The video is a repost but still a funny one.

Dude! Solo diving just ain't DIR !!!!
Thank goodness he isn't DIR. Can you imagine if he didn't have split fins and used a frog kick :shocked2:

No weight belt. Ahhh, the pleasures of being perfectly weighed.
Look again. He has weight pockets on his BP/W and they are saggy so they probably have some weight in them. Notice his SMB is not in a pocket? Although with a steel tank and a stainless plate one should really not need any weight.

One of our local crew did his hundredth dive in Catalina and said he made it 15 minutes without a drysuit nor wetsuit on.

Speedo dude swims with his hands too much...."special fins" as Bob Sherwood calls them.

Very funny vid. I was captivated and revulsed at the same time! Congratulations to everybody involved. Very amusing. It must have been chilly!!

(Did he have his DUI weight harness clipped into his shoulder straps? I've never seen that before)

Thanks Mike!

Here's PROOF that I'm not crazy when I consider my Catalina trips my warm water travel.

The video is a repost but still a funny one.

Thank goodness he isn't DIR. Can you imagine if he didn't have split fins and used a frog kick :shocked2:

Look again. He has weight pockets on his BP/W and they are saggy so they probably have some weight in them. Notice his SMB is not in a pocket? Although with a steel tank and a stainless plate one should really not need any weight.

Speedo dude swims with his hands too much...."special fins" as Bob Sherwood calls them.

Hey, but you have to admit his bouyancy isn't 1/2 bad - even when he strikes that pose - well sometimes :D!

One of our local crew did his hundredth dive in Catalina and said he made it 15 minutes without a drysuit nor wetsuit on.

:shocked2::shocked2: Talk about serious shrinkage!!!

Humm what's not DIR?

Never saw an O2 on a BP/W :wink:

Where's that dudes SPG?

Good chance he's not hitting the gym nearly enough !!!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom