Servicing "obsolete" regulator in UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warmweatherdiver
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I've foolishly bought a second hand reg which is Spiro supra aqualung, with a US divers Micra second stage and Spiro supra safe second. I'm trying to get it serviced but now find out that in the UK the service kits are unavailable.
Any options people can suggest?

(I could probably service the second stages by watching YouTube videos but wouldn't want to risk the first stage and if I can't get the o-rings for the kit then .....)

Cheers
CED08898-13B4-4052-A21E-7FD251ACDD56.jpeg
86DC4E03-770B-4574-9BF4-CE1D154B3BE3.jpeg
6FD7B0D1-DCCD-4F88-9124-B3116815F665.jpeg

Hi
I've foolishly bought a second hand reg which is Spiro supra aqualung, with a US divers Micra second stage and Spiro supra safe second. I'm trying to get it serviced but now find out that in the UK the service kits are unavailable.
Any options people can suggest?

(I could probably service the second stages by watching YouTube videos but wouldn't want to risk the first stage and if I can't get the o-rings for the kit then .....)

CheersView attachment 778010View attachment 778011View attachment 778013
A pic of the 1st stage would be helpful.
The reg shouldn't be difficult to service, there are no special o-rings or seats which you wouldn't find in other Spiro/ Aqualung regs.

Aqualung service centres in the UK?

Phone around some LDSs who do servicing?

Maybe even Wraysbury, Stoney or Vobster (assuming they all do servicing)

Fashion some punches from hole saws for all your diving needs

171 IMG_4140a.jpg

Punch out some diaphragms and some second stage seats too

319 004a.jpg

Voilà

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom