Setting up a Perdix 2 with AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Scubaboard is really good about spending my money. After waffling about taking my decade old mares puck with me on my first solo dive trip, and debating the potential failure of it, I just finally went with the scubaboard crowd and ordered a Perdix 2 and Swift transmitter.

Since I only have a bit more than a week before departure I started reading manuals right away and am a little confused around the setup. It sounds like to pair the transmitter to the computer I need tank pressure to turn on the transmitter? I don't have a tank at home to do that. I can probably get one pool session in before I leave but are there any other alternatives to pairing and getting things setup? I really would like to have a good understanding of how to operate the computer. I really do not want to be figuring this out on my first dive of the trip.

Any other recommendations for setup, familiarity, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Scubaboard is really good about spending my money. After waffling about taking my decade old mares puck with me on my first solo dive trip, and debating the potential failure of it, I just finally went with the scubaboard crowd and ordered a Perdix 2 and Swift transmitter.

Since I only have a bit more than a week before departure I started reading manuals right away and am a little confused around the setup. It sounds like to pair the transmitter to the computer I need tank pressure to turn on the transmitter? I don't have a tank at home to do that. I can probably get one pool session in before I leave but are there any other alternatives to pairing and getting things setup? I really would like to have a good understanding of how to operate the computer. I really do not want to be figuring this out on my first dive of the trip.

Any other recommendations for setup, familiarity, etc would be greatly appreciated!

You don’t need a tank to pair it…but you’d need a tank to CONFIRM it’s paired and everything is working. Congrats on your new perdix 2.

Nope - no tank. Just input the transmitter serial number in the Perdix. Of course, as said before, check it with a tank before your first dive.

Yep. Exactly this. Key it in to the computer whether you have a tank or not. You'll be able to confirm within 5-10 seconds of opening the eventual valve by scrolling to the tank "page" on the Perdix. Enjoy! I've grown quite spoiled by the PSI, GTR and SAC info. As far as learning the computer, it's really the most intuitive one I've found out there. The only things you should do beforehand is set salt vs fresh and maybe play around with customizing the middle row (I think they call it). Other than that and setting your O2 level if diving Nitrox, you're good to go. It will even turn itself on in the water if you forget. This old video still applies:

You are not "pairing," so the transmitter does not need to me on. You are just telling your Perdix what code(s) to listen for...it hears them all, but will only decode the one(s) you set into the computer.
Yes, it would be nice to test that it works, but you need the tank for that.

Go to your LDS and see if you can verify your reg setup with a tank. I don't know of a single shop that wouldn't let you throw it on one of the numerous tanks laying around.

Should get you started and serve as a good tutorial on navigating the Perdix command structure (once you go through this, you likely will be able to figure out the menus without reference to manuals, unless you get to more esoteric things like multi gas tec modes).

Turn on Perdix.
Hit the left button to get to the "System Setup" screen set then right enter button.
Click "Next" until you get to the "AI Setup" screen then "Edit"
Move down to the "TX Setup" line with the "Next" button and then "Edit" with the right button
Select "T1" (transmitter 1) on the next screen with the "Edit" button,
Select "Change" and set to "On"
Then "Next" to get to the serial number and change each serial number digit to reflect your transmitter S/N ...

Should get you started and serve as a good tutorial on navigating the Perdix command structure (once you go through this, you likely will be able to figure out the menus without reference to manuals, unless you get to more esoteric things like multi gas tec modes).

Turn on Perdix.
Hit the left button to get to the "System Setup" screen set then right enter button.
Click "Next" until you get to the "AI Setup" screen then "Edit"
Move down to the "TX Setup" line with the "Next" button and then "Edit" with the right button
Select "T1" (transmitter 1) on the next screen with the "Edit" button,
Select "Change" and set to "On"
Then "Next" to get to the serial number and change each serial number digit to reflect your transmitter S/N ...
In other words, RTFM.

Thanks everyone this has been super helpful! Was thinking it was more like Bluetooth pairing.

5B9D0D8F-2127-4E84-BA4E-EA04AEFB9471.jpeg

I have to admit the manual is scaring me a bit with mistakes like this. But I'm confident once it's in my hands I should be able to figure it out before my trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom