Settings on Wisdom Console Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a Wisdom Console for a while. And yes, I like it.

There's just one thing--When I look at the dive stats afterward, the ascent graph is often in the red or yellow. I'm almost fanatical about not ascending too fast, and I'm not sure just how this is happening. I'd like to set the computer so it will give an alarm when my ascent is too fast, but I can't find any such setting. Surely there is one. Can someone out there tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

One thing I noted with the wisdom is that if ascending vertically and lifting it from waist level to look at it, the sudden increase in depth of 2 feet or so on top of the normal ascent rate would put it over the edge and record an excess ascent rate. If ascednig horizontally it is not a problem.

I cannot remember where that particular audible alarm setting is located, but if you scroll through the alarm settings it should be in there. Personally, given the tenednecy for the computer to misread moving the computer as an ascent violation versus averaging the ascent over a few seconds, it is probably a waste of time to worry about the audible alarm. If you are ascending vertically, just track the smallest (pin head sized) exhaust bubbles and ascend no faster than they so.

I have my computer tethered to a D-ring on my BC harness, so it never gets too far off. Still, I think sometimes I have pulled the computer toward me too quickly. But I usually do very slow horizontal ascents, watching the bubbles. Awareness is helping .... I have found a few situations where I can ascend too quickly, such as when I'm trying to rescue a newbie about to make an abrupt unscheduled visit to the surface. But sometimes it's just mysterious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom