Several Dacor Cylinder Questions....Super80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally picked up my pony bottle and looked at the crown markings. Well it appears that Dacor did market cylinders made by Catalina, assuming LUBOLD8431 is correct that M4002 is Catalina's mfg code.

It is clearly stamped right into the crown of my pony bottle. So not all Dacor cylinders are made by Luxfer as was stated earlier I guess.

Some pics so you know I am not hallucinating:

Yeah, thats NOT a Dacor CYLINDER. Its just a DACOR Valve...

And, yes the cylinder is Catalina like I said before...

A DACOR cylinder can be indentified by the name DACOR actually stamped into the cylinder crown...

Since I see a *retest* of February, 1987 on that particular cylinder, it's the 6351 alloy.

And for the trivia:

Last test was August of 2001 by Acme Fire and Safety Equipment Inc., 17 Lewis Street, Nashville, TN.

Roak

roakey:
Since I see a *retest* of February, 1987 on that particular cylinder, it's the 6351 alloy.
Roak
Actually, no its not... AFAIK, Catalina cylinders were never made from the 6351 alloy...

Sorry, you're right, I've got Luxfer on the brain... You're right, Catalina never produced a 6351 cylinder:

http://hazmat.dot.gov/rules/not94_7.htm

Roak

PSI Inspector, huh???

(kidding-LOL) :)

Careful, my dogs have a chew toy that looks a lot like your moose :)

Roak

I forgot I had a "super" 80. Happily it's originally stamped 92.

Great, I see everything is due for hydro next year.

Truva

The amount of knowledge here that would be typically classified as trivia, but is useful information for me, never ceases to amaze me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom