Severe eye irritation from diving--related to ear infection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:) old fashioned, eh? :)

Thanks for the info. If a corneal scratch comes up again in my real life, I'll already understand why there's no patch involved.

Quick question, why wouldn't it be easier for the patient to wear an eye patch than to be walking around holding it with his hand?

Because we now use bandage contact lenses.....

OP here. Thanks, everyone. I will get everything checked at Bumrungrad Hospital. I don't know if there ever was an abrasion as the intense pain from blinking subsided over some six hours after my last dive and, while the irritation persisted for a couple of days, there was no abrasion-like pain. Anyway, I get it. Thank you.

OK a bit off to the side but what can any of you tell me about Glen Eagles Hospital in Jarta Indonesia? Thanks

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 05:48 AM ----------

OK a bit off to the side but what can any of you tell me about Glen Eagles Hospital in Jakarta Indonesia? Thanks

I know of the Gleneagles hospitals in Singapore and Malaysia. It's spelt as one word, so you might get a better search that way. Generally well thought of institutions in these places. Can't comment on Indonesia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks greenjuice.

Fortunately for follow-up, the OP has the best International Hospital & Clinic in SE Asia -and probably worldwide- right there over in Bangkok Thailand.

Bumrungrad International Hospital | Bangkok Thailand - Medical Centers

. . .

Hi Kevrumbo,

I'd be interested in your data source(s) for this assertion.

Thanks,

DocVikingo
From Business Week March 2008:
. . .The Thai hospital [Bumrungrad] . . .in Bangkok is attracting a growing number of American patients seeking high-quality care for a fraction of the cost at home. . .has been a beneficiary of the crisis in health care in the U.S., where some 47 million Americans are without health insurance and health-care inflation is becoming a bigger concern for companies. "We are not positioning ourselves to be the solution to America's health-care problems," says Schroeder. "To some degree, we are a symptom of the problem. We are a very glaring example that there is something wrong. Otherwise [the American patients] wouldn't be coming. They're not coming because they like Thai food; they're coming because they have no other choice."

. . .Last month, Bumrungrad announced an alliance with Blue Cross & Blue Shield of South Carolina, with the American insurer agreeing to cover expenses for members who travel from the U.S. to the Thai hospital (BusinessWeek.com, 3/13/08). Bumrungrad has recently arranged for executives from other insurers and their corporate clients to take what the hospital calls "familiarization trips" to visit the Bangkok facility. . .
"First rate medical care at third world prices". . .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzsXNCwgfuM

Checking into Bumrungrad Hospital - Businessweek

http://www.jointcommissioninternational.org/about-jci/jci-accredited-organizations/?c=TH&a=7

Last edited:
Thanks, Kevrumbo, I appreciate the effort.

However, I was unable to find any material there directly supporting the assertion that Bumrungrad is "probably worldwide" the best international hospital & clinic, either in general or with respect to ophthalmological medicine.

Did I miss it?

Thanks,

DocV

Thanks, Kevrumbo, I appreciate the effort.

However, I was unable to find any material there directly supporting the assertion that Bumrungrad is "probably worldwide" the best international hospital & clinic, either in general or with respect to ophthalmological medicine.

Did I miss it?

Thanks,

DocV
My opinion & impression --if an International patient or an American patient can get the same medical procedure and quality medical care at Bumrungrad for 1/8th the cost compared to an American Hospital, I'd say it's the best -economically, practically and pragmatically- worldwide. . .

And DocVikingo, if you want to quibble about semantics or argue about teaching hospitals & research clinics -then you are definitely missing the point.

My opinion & impression...And DocVikingo, if you want to quibble about semantics or argue about teaching hospitals & research clinics -then you are definitely missing the point.

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time ; )

Cheers,

DocV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom