Shallowest that you've been Narc'ed?

Shallowest that you've been Narc'ed (air depth equivalent)?

• Never been Narc'ed

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Less than 50fsw

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 51-70fsw

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 71-90fsw

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • 91-110fsw

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • 111-130fsw

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • 131-150fsw

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • 151fsw and deeper

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I submit that those that say they have never experienced narcosis is, either you're not a diver, or you just didn't know you did.

I have to admit my first of 2 "confirmed" narcs was to about 85 feet, after multiple days of cooler diving. I was tired, and it was a night dive. It was also within my first 20-25 dives.

Since then, I was narced at 117 ft in cold water after several hours of driving with zero break between the two.

On both occassions I didn't know I was narced until AFTER it was all over.

Since then, I have done my best to "test" myself on depths beyond 100ft, well really all deeper dives, but especially the 100+ ones, and I have "caught" myself in the process of being narced once at 130ft..........I think.............

My deepest air dive is 150ft, I felt nothing. I also feel quite against deep air diving and I have a friend that has done 200 to 230 ft dives on air and says he's felt nothing. I find it hard to believe. Actually I know 2 guys that have done that a few times and say they've felt as fine as 1 ata.

I've been as deep as 169 ft, and I notice myself feeling narc'd at about 120. It all depends on your mood that day where you are going to feel it. I've been to 140 without feeling it and have felt it as shallow as 110. Get pretty stupid by the time you hit 169.

On Lake michigan, I usually can consciously notice narcosis/impairment at around 120 ft.

I have never noticed myself narced during any warm water dives (Caribbean).

I've been down as deep as 165ft, and have yet to feel that narc feeling. Am I missing out on anything?

Never have been narced at sea level--but when I was doing altitude dives in NM started feeling buzzed at Blue Hole at 80' (100' altitude corrected)

Anyone had a similar experience?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom