"Shark Dive" Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I am on my way to the processor to get the roll of film developed. Cross your fingers and hope the pics came out ok. I will scan them tonight and try to put get them up hopefully later tonight.

Sorry about the quality on some of the pics (most of them, argh). The Mako pics didn't come out as I had hoped and a lot of the pics have speckles which is the light reflecting off the chum.

Guess I am going to have to go back and try again to get better pics :wink:.

Click here to see the pics!

Socaldiver,

Well, at least we know you are mortal! Actually, the "Blue Under the Boat" was damn nice! That was one pretty shark. And now I know what the safety cage looks like--hmmm, not an OSHA design exactly!

Thanks, Socaldiver--maybe if I come along next year I will bring you luck--just rub my octopus--and nothing else!--for good luck!

Joewr (Who waited up to see these, a true fan!)

I don't think we get Blues or Makos down here in Florida, just Bulls, Nurse sharks, and Hammerheads. The Bull shark and the Nurse shark are downright UGLY!

:tease:

Thanks Joewr, Mario, NetDoc and LD. I am glad you enjoyed them.

You are right Mario, that was my favorite shot also and definitely a keeper. when I come back from Maui next month I am going to go thru my whole collection of shots (probably close to 300 pics) and pull out the keepers and have them enlarged. Of course when I go to Maui I am taking 10 rolls of film with me so there will be a lot more to choose from.

NetDoc, the blue shark is a beautiful creature. It's so streamlined and graceful manuevers (nothing like Warhammer's :wink: skills though) are sight to see. Maybe I can even get your nemisis Joewr to give it a go next year.

Hey SoCal, and all...

You want sharks? You can't handle these sharks! (My apologies to Jack Nicholson) I wished so badly that my back would let me go to the beach this weekend... hundreds of em, all over! Mostly bull and sand, but still there are a ton of sharks on the east and the west coasts. All in twenty foot and less!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom