Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live and work on Johnston Atoll (800 some odd miles S.W. of Hawaii). I'm also a PADI Scuba Instructor in my spare time. It seems lately that almost every dive I do with students that sharks (Gray Reef or Galapagos) get nosey and come close to us. My personal best non-student dive is forty Gray Reefs at one time on one dive (my friend shot a video). Great dive although my camera flooded at 117 ft. Big bummer. Can you imagine how tame our dive lives are going to be after leaving JI? How luckey can we be? We have Galapagos, Gray Reef, Whitetip and possibly Oceanic Whitetip and Tigers. I'll miss it when we leave.

Thanks, Ken

Ages, when you were in Fiji did you happen to see Jean-Michele Cousteau's new resort?

If so, How was it?

Hey Guys,
Kyle has been practicing that new breathing in the bathtub.
It seems to be working.
Thanks,
His wife

DeepSea,

No I didn't see Jean-Michele's resort. We spent a month over there, but after talking to the natives decided that wasn't a place we wanted to be. The Fijians hold him in some contempt.

We did most of our diving out of Wananavu and Toko Riki diving with the native Fijians. I really like different cultures (especially the older cultures, not the transplanted ones) so we followed the "unspoken" social rules of the Fijian society. Doing so provided us with a most remarkable experience. Life changing, I would say.

The one place I would have liked to have gone was Tavuaini....but not enough time. I hear it is magnificant. I would like to go back and dive the whales graveyard caves.

Ages,

What are the whale graveyard caves?

Sound really cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom