Shark kills French diver in Marsa Alam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year, a few people were killed by sharks.

Last year, a few MILLION sharks were needlessly butchered by humans.

I agree with your entire post bar the 'few' millions part. Tens of millions of sharks were killed. I don't consider ten a 'few'.

I'm off again to the southern reefs, St John's etc in May. Any insight into how the action is this year? Was awesome last year although of course sad some people got injured or died. One of our boat hands showed me a picture of the girl who got bitten and died. Looked horrendous but at least it seems she didn't suffer long. RIP.

J

I agree with your entire post bar the 'few' millions part. Tens of millions of sharks were killed. I don't consider ten a 'few'.

I'm off again to the southern reefs, St John's etc in May. Any insight into how the action is this year? Was awesome last year although of course sad some people got injured or died. One of our boat hands showed me a picture of the girl who got bitten and died. Looked horrendous but at least it seems she didn't suffer long. RIP.

J

Our first southern Safari of the year is in progress as we speak; I don't think it is appropriate to post about sightings in what is a thread about a tragic accident but I will post in the Red Sea forum as appropriate.

Dive safe,

C.

Our first southern Safari of the year is in progress as we speak; I don't think it is appropriate to post about sightings in what is a thread about a tragic accident but I will post in the Red Sea forum as appropriate.

Dive safe,

C.

Fair point - excuse my lack of sensitivity, no disrespect intended: will check out Red Sea forum.

Thx,
J

Hay Mr. after dark. If you look both sides before crossing you won't be hit by a care. Be wise

I was one week before diving at the same site with our Finnish team,
During one of our dives we faced also Oceanic White Tip (which had followed us ca 15 kilometers from other reef) "very closely". We identified this shark to be same in these two reefs, as it had "defected" left side fin.
Later on I'll put available the complete video in Full HD,...

Kai

As promised, here is the HD version of that dive (click "720p HD" at the lower right corner of the frame to swithch on HD).

mr. Crowley are you the (elgeziras) crowley on cod6 mp??????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom