Shark tooth diving in Potomac river?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm totally up for it. PM me and we'll make plans.

I live in Washington, D.C. and have never gone diving for teeth or anything... but if you guys have an extra space or two I'd love to come.

I'd love to do this. I am a few hours away but calvert is definitely within reach. Anyone else? Shall we plan a miniature expedition?

Yeah, lets plan a definite time for the three of us that want to go and whoever else wants to join is free to come. Since it will be a shore dive more than likely I don't think space will be limited. We could also probably make a bbq out of it too and make a day out of it. I am pretty much open for any weekend.

What shore do we want to set off of. I will most likely bring 1 or 2 with me and a BBQ sounds great. I can supply venison for those that like it.

I am not familiar with calvert clifts yet so I'm not sure what shore we should go off of. I am going to try and get a map or something that I can get an idea for parking and stuff like that. Unless someone already knows a good shore to go from.

Venison sounds awesome. This is going to be a good trip.

The info I have been able to get is that it's a two mile walk to the beach part of calvert cliffs from the parking lot. I don't know if anyone else knows any easier way to get to the beach with gear and and stuff like that. Also, I believe shark tooth island can only be reached by boat, no bridge or anything. I am up for any ideas that anyone may have.

We need a boat. That will be the easiest way to get to either spot. All this talk about diving is causing me to suffer from non compression sickness. I will be at Lake Rawlings Wensday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom