Sharks!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have to be worried... I don't see why... Don't stick any body parts into its mouth and you should be fine. Sharks are not aggressive.

....a....

Agree although i did get attacked by a picasso triggerfish today which was a bit embarrassing.

Which dive site was that?

I was attacked by Trigger fish in Yolanda reef, and by a very aggressive Picasso fish that lives in the wreckage of Sara H / Kingston.

Since the Trigger fish attack (who marked his teeth on my fin) I did two things:
1. Changed the colors of my fins from blue "triggerfish" color to black
2. Keep a respectful distance from the little bast@rds... :D

I would be more worried of getting into the middle of a school of blue triggerfish rather than hammerhead sharks :wink:

Agree although i did get attacked by a picasso triggerfish today which was a bit embarrassing.

Since this month is the Triggerfishs Eggs-laying season , It attacked you :D:D

542597624.jpg

Which dive site was that?

Golden blocks towards moray gardens. About 4m from the boat mooring toward the pontoon in 1m of water. I was snorkel guiding at the time. Been back since and he's an aggressive bastard!

This season we have had 2 Tiger Shark sightings on Jackson Reef in Tiran, and 2 I know of in Ras Mohammed, one at Shark and Yolanda (very small), inside the barracuda school (which normally houses the Blacktips), and one on Eel Garden, but pretty deep. Apparently they can be seen fairly regularly on the Eel Garden canyon/satellite reef, if you are a tech diver and can spend some decent time there it might be worth a visit. The 2 sightings on Jackson I know are real with absolute certainty, no idea about the ones in Ras Mo, only heard rumours.
But for sure they are out there!

Hammerheads at Jackson reef. Sept 1 1/2 yrs ago we saw a boatload and a half of scallop hammerheads schooling. Unbelievable! We were heading to the reef when the CM aked us if we wanted to risk wasting a dive by heading out into the blue to see if the hammerheads were there. Duh, it was a quick vote.

Back
Top Bottom