Sharm or El Gouna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmt489:
I am headed to Egypt to dive in November. I had previously been advised to avoid Sharm and head to El Gouna. Now I am hearing from locals to go to Sharm instead. Only problem is that I don't know if these locals are more divers or resorters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi
I'm a new member to the forum, just spotted your message.
I haven't dived in Sharm, but have dived on 3 occasions in el gouna. I can recommend the Divetribe, I have taken all my PADI courses with them. They
are based at the Hotel Movenpick in El gouna (great hotel by the way). The boats
are never really crowded, lots of dive sites to visit, well within reach of famous wrecks such as the Thistlegorm, Rosalie Moller and the wrecks at Abu Nuhas.
It is apparently a much more relaxed diving experience than Sharm having talked
to other divers.
I am returning in November for a week staying at the Movenpick, why not give it
a try ? By the way I'm always in need of a dive buddy as my wife is not a diver !!

Red Sea Shadow:
Simmo24,
Since you didn't dive Sharm yet, why not give it a try? :)
Hi RSS

I fully intend to. As I said only been diving for about a year now, so lots of places to
go and dive:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom