Sharm!Sharm!Sharm! What about Hurghada or Dahab?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAcks big marine life though. Big unicorns, trioggers, blue sp. stingrays, crocs... but I have never seen eagle ray, manta ray or shark there. El Gouna and Sharm is better for these things
I'd have to disagree

On my last trip a few weeks ago I saw a Silver Tip Shark - twice, , Huge Turtles, A massive Feather tail Ray, Some huge eels.. err how big to you want... Blue Whales ? :D :D

Also there the other lads saw a Whale Shark, Dolphins.. Duuuude Sweeeet

:sharkattack:

He He... Yeah I know you were very very lucky!!!

I've only did about 50 dives here in Dahab, so maybee I havent done enough... But for someone who will only stay for a couple of days, I think chances are bigger for seeing bigger marine life further south...

BTW: Did Caves yesterday, no sharks :( But it was cool to dive a new site anyway. Hopefully we manage to gather enough people for a botrip to Gabr el Bint tomorow and I will cross my fingers that the ocean white tip is still around...

Saw the biggest giant moray in my whole life here the other day at umm sid. It must have been 3 meters long and his neck was massive!

BR
Martin :)

Good luck with the Silver Tip. He/she/it was a good 6 ft.

Also some awesome Turtles (one a real reef wrecker !) at Gabr el Bint.. Reef 2000 go there every Wed I believe if that helps.

He He... Yeah I know you were very very lucky!!!

I've only did about 50 dives here in Dahab, so maybee I havent done enough... But for someone who will only stay for a couple of days, I think chances are bigger for seeing bigger marine life further south...

BTW: Did Caves yesterday, no sharks :( But it was cool to dive a new site anyway. Hopefully we manage to gather enough people for a botrip to Gabr el Bint tomorow and I will cross my fingers that the ocean white tip is still around...

Saw the biggest giant moray in my whole life here the other day at umm sid. It must have been 3 meters long and his neck was massive!

BR
Martin :)

Hurghada is nice in the resorts but the town centre itself is pretty horrible. Grimy, busy and full of very irritating sales people. Not a nice place. Absolutely jam packed with russians.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom