Shearwater DiveCan configuration changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also believe you can get rid of the battery connected to OBOE. I did all my testing without a battery. I will likely remove the battery case as well and connect the DiveCAN cable from the second controller directly to the head. This will leave only the battery for the solenoid.

I also believe you can get rid of the battery connected to OBOE. I did all my testing without a battery. I will likely remove the battery case as well and connect the DiveCAN cable from the second controller directly to the head. This will leave only the battery for the solenoid.

That would somewhat defeat the purpose, for me, I think.

In the event I am on a trip and one of my controllers dies, I want to be able to dive with my other controller and the blinky-light HUD plugged in.

If I'm understanding your idea correctly, I would not be able to do that.

That would somewhat defeat the purpose, for me, I think.

In the event I am on a trip and one of my controllers dies, I want to be able to dive with my other controller and the blinky-light HUD plugged in.

If I'm understanding your idea correctly, I would not be able to do that.

You are right. I will bring it with me on trips in case I need to switch back to HUD but will not dive with it when using 2 controllers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom