Shearwater Nerd1 - Unlock Failed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I don't know if anyone has seen this before or not. I have a Nerd1 (fischer cable - used with my Revo). That I have been using so long, I cannot remember exactly when I bought it. Anyhow, I took it out this past weekend to do a quick pool test before our next trip. Put a battery into it and after a REALLY long boot process it came up with "Unlock Failed".

The firmware version is V10 with Feature /0000

I have no clue and sent an email to Shearwater. Just curious if someone has seen this and knows how to reset it.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

the only unlocks on the NERD should be for the optional deco algorithms which aren't really in vogue anymore. you should be able to just use it without the unlock. unlocking features like CC hasn't been a thing since the predator.

the only unlocks on the NERD should be for the optional deco algorithms which aren't really in vogue anymore. you should be able to just use it without the unlock. unlocking features like CC hasn't been a thing since the predator.
Yeah - that is what I thought. I never used the optional deco algorithms. And to your point, it has always had CC capability.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom