Shearwater Predix Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Friends:

I am going to buy the Predix computer this week. I'm interested in your thoughts if I should get the version with the VPM model or not? I don't plan on making lots of deco dives at all.
Thank you

You can always add the feature later, when you have studied it and learned about it.

If you use other dive planning software, you may never use it.

For some reason I feel that if you ever decide to purchase something like Vplanner software Shearwater will still be around to buy the VPM unlock from.

No, Buhlmann with GF is the popular magic at the moment. VPM less so following the Nedu study and the various deep stop threads.

Spend the money on some planning software. I use multideco on a laptop and iPad. Other manufacturers include it.

I like multideco I just didnt like the cost.

I like multideco I just didnt like the cost.
Cheaper than getting bent and more fun than running out of gas due to unexpected stops.

Or there are far cheaper computers which come with PC planning software.

Multideco on the iPad is not so expensive. There are a couple of others which are free for simpler dives, for example Baltic 'lite'.

I didnt say that it wasnt worth the money. Im just cheap and like to complain.

Friends:

I am going to buy the Predix computer this week. I'm interested in your thoughts if I should get the version with the VPM model or not? I don't plan on making lots of deco dives at all.
Thank you
I'd save the money for something you plan to use. The standard deco software models are very versatile and good. You can always add VPM later if you get into deco diving and prefer that theoretical model.

Back
Top Bottom