Shearwater Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it could be that you have one of the early Teric’s with a less than perfect battery...
Seems I have been missing the boat on getting this upgraded by SW as I have one of the early models that behaves very much the same as the OP's does.

Service centers like Dive-Tronix are able to put the Teric into factory test mode, so the factory dive date might not be the actual manufactering date if it was serviced.

Service centers like Dive-Tronix are able to put the Teric into factory test mode, so the factory dive date might not be the actual manufactering date if it was serviced.
OP is in Malaysia and the nearest service center is Shearwater NZ. Does Shearwater change the original factory test data or add a new dive log number for a service test?

I bought my Teric to complement my Perdix for Tech and solo diving. I’ve set my Teric to follow my Perdix log numbers. If I were to lose my Teric and it was subsequently found, the matching logs on the Teric and Perdix would prove that the Teric is mine. Anyone who wipes logs may be tempering with the history of the computer, so buyer beware.

So just a mini update. I emailed both Shearwater Service in Australia and Thailand (Phuket). And I mean they both responded similarly.

Thailand requested my serial number and we're able to confirm that the watch was originally purchased in May 2021 and so technically warranty has expired last month. However they said they stand by their products and are willing to extend it out to August if there really was an issue. Can't fault the customer service!

Both Thailand and Australia separately asked me to reset the settings back to default, charge it again, turn it off and recheck battery percentage in 48 hours.
Both also said that a 3% drop per day was within the working parameters and would be considered a non warranty issue.

I'll update again in a few days for those who are interested.

I believe @scubadada has related in the past that 92% is the threshold 48 hrs after fully charging for warranty service (at least with divetronix).

So just as a final update, had a great experience with Shearwater APAC (in New Zealand). They checked the serial number and found it was manufactured in Jan 2021and so was technically out of warranty. However, they told me they stand behind their product and sent me a preprinted Fed-Ex label and I shipped it back to them for less than USD$10. They serviced it, tested it, fixed a sticky button, replaced the battery and sent it back to me all in less than 2 weeks all under warranty conditions. Its been 6 days since last charge and is still sitting pretty at 100%. Unbelievable customer service!

Of equal or worse concern is the question how long will it hold a charge for when diving and with AI on?

I dive 2-3 days before I throw my Teric on the charger, around 60% after 3 days, 6 dives

You don't want it discharged either. My teric said I'd had a 12 hr surface interval when I hadn't dove since Oct 29, 2022

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom