Sherwood Freedom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean when you say that you like to use the Zeagle for a mid range bc ?

Non Technical, but more than most basic jacket BC's.

And I said:

I Like the ZR FOR a mid range,
Not I USE the ranger for a mid range....

Dave

They say that the Ranger is a BC that can grow with you. I'm guessing that means as you get more into tech stly divving. Right? Can the Ranger be used to dive doubles? Does it have a backplate?

Nope, no backplate, not good for doubles.

If your going to go tech, or even THINK you might, a BP and wings is the go, hell they even work well for rec dives!!!!
Its more flexible, comfortable and expandable.

Dave

....now sit back and watch the reponses.........tee heee

Today I rented a BP/Halycon wing set up and HATED it!!!!IT was the most uncomfortable thing I have used to dive with yet. But maybe it was because I was diving with a 3mm suit? I dont know but I do know that with my Seaquest Pro QD+ I have never felt that uncomfortable. The next one I wanna try is the OMS IQ, looks like it might be alot more comfortable. Hopefully..........

Who lent you the Halcyon BP?
Who set it up for you?
What was the configuration?

I rented it from a LDS and actually the only thing Halcyon was the wings. The BP was an OMS as was the webbing. And I unfortunatly set everything up myself. Also the bladder ddidn't provide enuff lift for my tank,regs,1 light, and console, let alone enuff lift for me. I treally left a bad taste in my mouth. Literally LOL I swallowed some nasty water.....

Yeah you're right. When the rig was handed to me and I told the store owner I wasn't sure how to set everything up he barely looked up at me and then finally came out from behind his counter to barely show me how to adjust the shoulder straps, and never boothered to show me how high the plate should sit how snug everything should be. And to top it all off he did such a great job of patting himself on the back telling me what a great tech diver he is, and that that Dive Rite and OMS sucked, and the only way for me to go was Halycon.

Its been a good BC for my diving needs at this time........ after only 40 dives though, the pockets for the integrated weights are wearing through. I plan on doing something with the weights pockets if I keep the BC, but I really like the bp/wings rig....... its a medium if your interested...........

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom