Sherwood SR-1 Free Flows at Cold Water Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also had problems with my SR-1. It is not a cold water regulator, but I don't dive anything below 50 degrees and that is rare. Bought one of the first ones and it could not hold a high pressure o-ring in, even with a new Sherwood HPG. You could visibly see that the first stage had a port machining problem ad some machining by products in it. Sent it back to Sherwood and they said there was no problem. TWICE!!!! Give me a break. The only thing they did is exchange the second stage because of a patent issue from another manufacturer. It doesn't breath as well as the original and there was nothing wrong with it. I know how to adjust them and they are real touchy. After the opening pressure was set, there was no room for adjustment in the breathing knob to optimize it. It works fine, but it could be better.

I am done with Sherwood also, and I have their BC's also. If you want an example in poor customer service look at Cramer. My local shop doesn't even like to deal with them.

ML

ML:

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the SR1. We believe we offer great customer service and if your local shop has any issues please have them contact us right away.

Team Sherwood

Team Sherwood. Beg to differ!! Local shop and I had lots of issues with very little customer service. Sorry, but just saying it like it is!!

ML: Is there anything left to resolve for you or the store? If so, could you please send us a private message and give us an opportunity to resolve the issue?

Unfortunatly Sherwood Scuba Rep i seemed not to get any help from Leisurepro or Diversco which is your Canadian Rep out from Cambridge Ontario so i had to result to trading in my SR-1 which was only 5 months old and buying a Mares Abyss Reg and which i was in Tobermory and i dove on the Forest City and the Arabia and i had no free Flows what so ever but i wished that i could have gotten a trade in from Leisurepro with the help of Sherwood Scuba to trade in my SR-1 and offer me a another Sherwood Reg that would help out me but i guess that will not happen now since i have a Mares Reg Now But i have in the past used most of all of Sherwoods Regs but i am going to now stay with using Mares Sorry Sherwood you lost a good customer.

Sherwood,

Nope it is taken care of with an absurd amount of effort for something Sherwood should have owned up to through my local shop. After this and taking 9 months to get a replacement weight pocket that the handle broke off of (Bad molding) for my son's Avid BC ( I have the older style) I have also changed to another brand. Sorry, but even when I talked with you at the local scuba show you really didn't care. I just hope to save somebody else this level of aggravation.

Unfortunatly Sherwood Scuba Rep i seemed not to get any help from Leisurepro or Diversco which is your Canadian Rep out from Cambridge Ontario so i had to result to trading in my SR-1 which was only 5 months old and buying a Mares Abyss Reg and which i was in Tobermory and i dove on the Forest City and the Arabia and i had no free Flows what so ever but i wished that i could have gotten a trade in from Leisurepro with the help of Sherwood Scuba to trade in my SR-1 and offer me a another Sherwood Reg that would help out me but i guess that will not happen now since i have a Mares Reg Now But i have in the past used most of all of Sherwoods Regs but i am going to now stay with using Mares Sorry Sherwood you lost a good customer.

They Canadian Sherwood people don't support American sales. Your dive shop should of been able to fix such a minor issue in one service visit. Alas that money you saved by supporting a Florida company would of been lost and heaven forbid you would of supported a Local dive shop. I bet you are one of those guys who has that most annoying bumper stick in Ontario " Got a job still? Keep buying foreign". Well from the bottom of my Canadian heart I thank you for supporting a florida dive shop over a Canadian one and then complaining about not getting service by a Canadian company.

They Canadian Sherwood people don't support American sales. Your dive shop should of been able to fix such a minor issue in one service visit. Alas that money you saved by supporting a Florida company would of been lost and heaven forbid you would of supported a Local dive shop. I bet you are one of those guys who has that most annoying bumper stick in Ontario " Got a job still? Keep buying foreign". Well from the bottom of my Canadian heart I thank you for supporting a florida dive shop over a Canadian one and then complaining about not getting service by a Canadian company.

I kind of have to agree here. People buy from Leisure Pro because they have deep discounts (because they have less overhead than a local dive shop). Those discounts come at a price - less support, and no local support. Honestly, you get what you pay for. Big discounts and little service, or less discounts from an LDS, but much better support. If everyone bought from Leisure Pro, the local dive shops would be out of the retail business and there would be NO local support at all.

Pay a little extra, support your LDS, and get great service. Otherwise, you get what you pay for.

Jim

Just to up-date on the "fix" from Sherwood (it has been over three months since I talked to the Sherwood Rep) they send me instructions on how they wanted us to "de-tune" the second stage. The first thing I did was tune the second to factory specs and test it. I got a cracking effort of 1 to 1.1 which is about right. I then applied the "de-tune" instructions and got a cracking effort of 2.8 to 2.9 which is terrible, why would anybody buy a $600 reg to have it breath that bad? Back in August when I talked to the Rep he told me they were working on putting a coating on some parts and they would send us the parts and we would test them but so far the only thing they have sent is the "de-tune" instructions.

CMAN: We will have our head technician contact you directly to resolve this. Please feel free to private message us at Sherwood if you have additional questions or concerns.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom