Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood does not make anything anymore, the orignal regs are still made by Sherwood/Harsco but they want out of scuba. The SR-1 is made by ADP and rebadge as a Sherwood, the goal was to copy Atomic, but for the price of a SR-1 you can get a B2 or buy a Z2 and save some money

I have dove the dynamo reg and it was sweet, the SR1 is a great breather and I put it up im performance of the B2 ( I have 1). As for ADP, they macdhine a LOT of reg parts for a lot of the high end reg companies, thus they notation that it looks like a knock off of a another reg. ADP is a great company with a great reputation. You will like your SR1

How can I make sure the one I am going to purchase is not from the first batch?

At least look at the serial number on the 1st stage.

Both of my reg who blew up had a serial number stating with 1C...

Now my second replacement (so my third overall) has a serial number starting with 1D...

I have just recieved it and tested it. So far, so good. The bubbling effect was there at a normal level and small hissing sound where not there.

The price of this Reg at Scuba.com and LP is $479.. really has me thinkin' of getting this one too.

Same problem here in Canada and heard of one other. SIN #IC Why has Sherwood not issued a recall?
I still have not recieved a replacement. Not sure I want a replacement if they will not state that there is a problem and what they have done to fix it.

I was on Oahu last week (July 5 thru 15 2008) and spoke with a diver that had his SR1 first stage crap out on him that week while diving. The dive outfit " Ocean Concepts " gave him a loaner so that he could keep diving last week.

Jim Breslin

My reg blew in Cozumel on my fourth day of diving. used a spare reg on the boat(Aqua Safari) There is a Sherwood store in San Miguel and the owner gave me a reg to dive the last two days. The sales/service rep for Mexico was in the store and he said that it was the first SR1 that he had seen blow. Told me to send it back to Sherwood for analysis. Did that four weeks ago and have not heard back. Local dive shop will lend me a reg. if I want to dive.

This post is kinda old now...So i was looking for an update, Anyone been diving these regs deep latly, tech diving in some cold water that is? Im looking for a good report with some tech diving while using this reg.

Look in the Sherwood section. There was other comments.

As for now, I can't complain on my SR1 reg. Great thing.

So far the best comment we've had on the SR1 has been no comments at all! If the manufacturers introduce something and it's a flop or there are negative things about it, the retailer is the first to hear about it. Of all the ones we've sold, we've not heard a peep from anybody! No news is good news!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom