shipping outboard to Hawaii or rent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluemagoo:
I heard from an employee that since the beginning of '05, UPS has a program to ship to/from Hawaii at ground rates even though it actually wings over. I also heard what those drivers get paid and WOW....

If that was true, it would be cool... But for my customers from Hawaii, we ship Priority Mail, because according to my UPS Program, it would cost like $50 for UPS, and only $9 for the same package by priority mail.

But then again, I don't live in Hawaii, so I'm just going by how it works for me now.

howarde:
If that was true, it would be cool... But for my customers from Hawaii, we ship Priority Mail, because according to my UPS Program, it would cost like $50 for UPS, and only $9 for the same package by priority mail.

But then again, I don't live in Hawaii, so I'm just going by how it works for me now.

It sounded pretty unbelievable to me but the guy works there and said their volume went bananas since. Might be worth checking out if a package is not time-critical.

Shipping a used outboard to Hawaii is very difficult. When I wanted to send one over I checked and found that even if purged they would not take it because no one will guarantee that it will not go by plane - all dangerous goods (an outboard still has gas fumes in it they told me) must go by ship only. Interisland it is possible as you can ship via young brothers for a very small amount, but from the mainland it's tough to get someone to guarantee it will only go by ship.

You might check with Matson to see if they will ship individual items?

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom