Shoe mount vs Arm Grip Base

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midget

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Argh...I'm trying to get my underwater set up put together.
I've got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 camera. Housing is a DMW-MCTZ7.
I think I'd be much better off trying to figure out calculus equations than dial in the strobe set up!
I'm looking at the Inon S-2000. I have the choice between going with shoe mount or the grip base. I've never done underwater photography (as you've all probably figured out by now!) and I don't know if a shoe mount is going to pose a burden underwater. I think I won't be able to see over and beyond from behind the camera....whereas with an arm I could???

Any advice will be so very appreciated.

I would strongly suggest an arm mount. Much easier to get the strobe positioned for no backscatter. Use the shoe mount for an aiming light.
Bill

Definitely an arm mount. You would want the flexibility because positioning will highly depend on what you are shooting at that moment.

Neither really. Get the Inon S2000 with a swivel socket or the ball socket and then get a UCLS type tray and two arms, one about 3-4 inches, the other about 6-8 inches or so and three butterfly clamps.

N

Arm it is.
Can I use the shoe mount for a video light?

Back
Top Bottom