Shore Diving near Stuart, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FL_DVLover

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have some suggestions for shore diving near Stuart, FL? My brother just moved down there and I plan on visiting often. I found a list of some places but I haven't been able to find many details. I would like to start out with a spot that's not too difficult to find. There's a place called Bathtub Reef that looks interesting. Is this place near the shore? Also, do the tides affect the vis? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

Bathtub is an option; yes its close to shore and fairly shallow - viz can be an issue

Much better shore diving exists at Phil Foster park under the Blue Heron Bridge in Singer Island - lots of info on SB and by googling either - these is a thread on the BH Bridge too in this forum.

Shore diving in Lauderdale by the Sea and Dania Beach too

Bottom line is the much better diving is found offshore but shore diving exists - search all these areas I've mentioned for more info -

I do not hit Stuart that often. I have not been to Bathtub beach in years. That is a great spot to take 8 year olds snorkeling for the first time.

Go to Deep Six and hook up with Steve. He would be a great guide for that area.

I like Pepper Park, Inlet state park area. It is very popular and there are bathrooms, showers and paviliions in the area.

When you actually have some dates post them here and the locals can get together and show you a good time.

Search "Pepper Park" and you will see lots of stuff

I've always wanted to check out BHB. I see it's not very far from Stuart. Pepper park sounds like a good one to try out too.

Thanks for the info! :D

FL DVLover-- I did a search of Pepper Park and found THIS Unfortunatley this is also Pepper Park. We clean it up as we find problems. The club mentioned here was shut down by MY shift.

IF you see this stuff starting to happen.. call us and it will clear out in minutes.. literally minutes... you know the number

Thanks for the llinks to the videos. I'm going to be down in the area this weekend and the next. I'm planning on going to BHB on Sunday. I'd like to dive at Pepper Park on Aug 1 or 2 if the conditions are good and I can find a buddy. :D

Thanks for the llinks to the videos. I'm going to be down in the area this weekend and the next. I'm planning on going to BHB on Sunday. I'd like to dive at Pepper Park on Aug 1 or 2 if the conditions are good and I can find a buddy. :D

I need a buddy for this site as well and I'd like to go this weekend :)

I need a buddy for this site as well and I'd like to go this weekend :)

I'm thinking of diving at BHB on Friday, high tide is about 5:20pm, and then go to Pepper Park on Saturday morning. Would Saturday work for you? I was also thinking of posting on the Trips forum to see if anyone else would be interested.

I may be diving Pepper Park Saturday the 1st. WHICH is the first day of Lobster Season---

I am diving in Boyton with Underwater Explorers Sunday August 2nd. IF the conditions hold out the 3~5th I am going to be diving Pepper Park area for lobster-- if not I will be driving to Jupiter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom