short notice - Thanksgiving trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to plan a diving trip for Wed-Sat of Thanksgiving week.. any ideas? I do have a few limiting factors..
1. I live in the northern part of Mississippi about 2 hours south of Memphis...
2. I have 1 non-diving wife and 2 non-diving children that have to have something else to do - go figure?
3. Expense is a consideration. We've found cheap hotel rates on Grand Bahama , but airfare is $550.oo each which blows a budget pretty quick when multiplied by 4.
4. I wanted to go to Bonne Terre outside of St. Louis , but I think they are only open Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Anyone have reasonably priced, somewhat close , with "other stuff to do", location(s)?

I may not have given enough info. if not, feel free to ask...

Thanks, Todd

Come to Orlando and Disney World instead! The wife and kids will be happy and there is PLENTY of diving in either the GUlf or further down on the Atlantic... Hey! You could even do a spring! Besides, we need the money!!!

:tease:

Now that you mention it....

I read several years ago (maybe 6 or 8) you know how time flies... about a spring in FL that had been "developed" - (concrete , I think ) walls, etc.for diving, where the water was filtered, and all underwater features were man-made. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

If I were to guess I would say it was SSW from Tallahassee (?sp) , but not too far.

Let me know...

Todd

I beleive you're thinking of Devil's Den.

Let me see if I can find a link somewhere......

I second Pete here. Orlando is a great idea. And you can even dive at Disney, with your wife and kids watching. Yep, they can sit at the Coral Reef restaurant while you dive by. It's all is the Living Seas at Epcot.
Also, great spring diving. Lot's of options in Florida.
:sunny:

Have you been to

http://WWW.StockTank.com

I hear it's a real dive (too bad it's still under construction!!!)...

and RebelRPH, let me if you are heading down this way... I might be in for a dive or three that weekend (if I can get out of putting up Christmas lights)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom