Should My New ATX200's Dive Wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently got a pair of these regs brand new. When I lower my head, go inverted or on my back facing the surface, they go wet. Other friends that have Apeks say that they have a similar issue. Just wondering if my regs need a fine tuning after two dives?

they shouldent be wet. I have had problems with my 200's as well. Both are a year old and i had bubbling out of the dry chaimber in one and a high pressure seat go on the other one. Got it fixed, checked the ip before the dive, it was....(waiting for a omg look) 300 psi. Have also had one breathe a little wet.

Not to be wet at all. Sure that it is coming from the reg and not from around the lip and mouth piece seal? I have done that will other regs.

It wont be coming from the mouthpiece if it is new, and finetuning it will not wolve wet breathing. This is the design of the regulator (like most others) that are designed to function best in the faced down horizontal postion. Most divers do not spend too much time on their backs and alot of regs have this problem It is just a matter of water and pressure physics.
As for the IP creep. I know that it is something serious but it wont blow up your reg or anything. It will just puff out of your second stage when it gets high enough.... nothing you cannot notice, end your dive and have resolved.

rescuediver009:
It wont be coming from the mouthpiece if it is new, and finetuning it will not wolve wet breathing. This is the design of the regulator (like most others) that are designed to function best in the faced down horizontal postion. Most divers do not spend too much time on their backs and alot of regs have this problem It is just a matter of water and pressure physics.
As for the IP creep. I know that it is something serious but it wont blow up your reg or anything. It will just puff out of your second stage when it gets high enough.... nothing you cannot notice, end your dive and have resolved.

Thanks Rescue Diver. I find that these regs go wet when I look down my torso when horizontal. None of my S600's go wet in any position.

As to the back thing: You should try doing your last stop floating on your back looking up at the surface. I like it so much that I generally try to slowly suface that way. It's far more fun IMHO.

My Atx-100's breathe wet in that position, my friend has the 200's and is an apex technician, but his too get wet, he's tweaked 'em as much as he can, but still gets some dribbling when he's inverted. Think it's a brand thing.

ScubaFreak:
My Atx-100's breathe wet in that position, my friend has the 200's and is an apex technician, but his too get wet, he's tweaked 'em as much as he can, but still gets some dribbling when he's inverted. Think it's a brand thing.
People do not understand..... that you can tweak all day but you will not stop a wet breathe. It is like looking at your engine for a trnsmission leak.... the wet breathe has nothing to do with how well or bad the regulator breathes.... What kind of technician is this guy that he is trying to solve a wet breathe by adjustment..... I never knew that you could adjest the exhaust diaphragm.......?!?!?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom