Should the hunting forum be a closed/club forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
If you have a problem with a moderator or another user, the open forum is NOT the place to deal with it. If you can't work it out on your own then PM a another moderator, a supervisor or even me.

This forum is meant to be open to all to read, but we don't allow non-hunters to debate with you UNLESS you have invited them in to do just that. IF/WHEN there is an eggregious "I hate hunters" post, then PLEASE use the report this post button INSTEAD of responding publicly. This will STOP things from escalating, rather than turn up the gas.

Any questions?
What about a violation of the rules of this board?
ie.
Michael Schlink

Profile InfoJoin Date: Nov 2003
StatsPosts: 450
Trader Rating: (0)
Leave the Octo's alone they aren't hurting anyone and they aren't exactly blanketing the reef.

NetDoc:
If you have a problem with a moderator or another user, the open forum is NOT the place to deal with it. If you can't work it out on your own then PM a another moderator, a supervisor or even me.

This forum is meant to be open to all to read, but we don't allow non-hunters to debate with you UNLESS you have invited them in to do just that. IF/WHEN there is an eggregious "I hate hunters" post, then PLEASE use the report this post button INSTEAD of responding publicly. This will STOP things from escalating, rather than turn up the gas.

Any questions?

With all due respect I pmed Uncle Pug and quoted this exact thread "before" I posted it and he said it was OK?

Just what rule is he violating? He can't disagree with you on octopi? If there is a specific post, then PLEASE use the "report this post" button. At least give me link. That looks like it's in his signature which would be appropriate.

There are many times when one should refrain from hunting a particular species due to many reasons. Porpoises, Manatee and Whales are three that come straight to mind. Desiring a particular species to not be hunted is not exactly a condemnation of hunters in general. Look at the Jew fish... they are WAY too plentiful in some areas (and eat a TON of lobster too) and almost gone from others. Should they be thinned? Well, I am not in charge of that area, but there are arguments both ways, and many of those against have nothing to do with condemning spearfishing as a sport.

Keep it open. I am all for us having our own place, but let the non-hunters give us their two-cents. Some of the crap they spit out is almost funny. Let'em ***** and moan. Do you really think it will change us? I vote to keep it open for all to post.

I hunt underwater often and eat what I catch. I think underwater hunting is actually a better, more conservative way of hunting. I can pick and choose which fish I want, and take it without needlessly killing a fish that is too small or out of season. You can't make those choices from top-side when you are holding a fishing rod.

Is there a thread I am condemning? I just deleted a post which took exception with a moderator in public. Rather than letting you merely flail at the system, I am trying to help you to understand how it works. There was another thread directed at non-hunters and some of you were surprised that they had the temerity to respond. Go figure.

Again, if there are posts or threads which seem to violate the TOS, use the "report this thread" to a moderator link. It's the white exclamation mark at the bottom left of every post. We will gladly take care of the trolls FOR YOU.

NetDoc:
Just what rule is he violating? He can't disagree with you on octopi? If there is a specific post, then PLEASE use the "report this post" button. At least give me link. That looks like it's in his signature which would be appropriate.

There are many times when one should refrain from hunting a particular species due to many reason. Porpoises, Manatee and Whales are three that come straight to mind. Desiring a particular species to not be hunted is not exactly a condemnation of hunters in general. Look at the Jew fish... they are WAY too plentiful in some areas (and eat a TON of lobster too) and almost gone from others. Should they be thinned? Well, I am not in charge of that area, but there are arguments both ways, and many of those against have nothing to do with condemning spearfishing as a sport.
Here is the rule: If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of hunting underwater you've come to the wrong place.
And here is the link http://www.scubaboard.com/t79074-octopus.html and no its not in his signature.
Can I put P*** on PETA as my signature?

Quote:He can't disagree with you on octopi?
Not according to this.
If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of hunting underwater you've come to the wrong place.
Quote:Leave the Octo's alone they aren't hurting anyone and they aren't exactly blanketing the reef.
Thats not disagreing. Thats complaining, judgeing someone for asking a legt. question about harvesting a legal species.

Fine, now why didn't you just report the post? Why go head to head? The entire thread has been moved until we can get a mod to clean it up. When that is done, we will put it back.

scubapro5:
With all due respect I pmed Uncle Pug and quoted this exact thread "before" I posted it and he said it was OK?
He wasn't talking to you. It was directed at me and my **** on PETA post.

NetDoc:
Fine, now why didn't you just report the post? Why go head to head? The entire thread has been moved until we can get a mod to clean it up. When that is done, we will put it back.
1st: I didn't know about reporting.
2nd: He posted it publicly so why SHOULDN'T I critises it publicly.
3rd: I'm not in to reporting folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom